This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
So many readers have had success traveling and exploring the world with the tips and tricks we post here every day on The Points Guy. Today, I’m proud and very excited to announce that beginning this week I’ll begin contributing to Travel + Leisure, bringing the world of points and miles to a whole new audience. I’ve been a huge fan of the magazine and website for years, and it’s a surreal experience to be able to share everything I’ve learned with travel enthusiasts around the world.
Nothing’s changing when it comes to the content you’ll find here, but you’ll be able to get a slightly different perspective in my “On Points” column, running each week on Travel + Leisure’s website. My first post is a guide to Five Ultra-Fancy Vacations You Can Buy (Mostly!) With Miles and Points.
Stay tuned for more content on T+L soon!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.