This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott is giving customers something to cheer about this holiday season. The company announced that it’s offering up to 20% off room rates at select New York City properties when booking directly from Marriott.com. The deal is good for select dates at 18 New York City properties — reservations are prepaid and are nonrefundable.
The stay must be booked between December 28 and December 31, 2015 for travel between January 1 and April 30, 2016. Because this deal can’t be combined with other promotions, be sure to look at all available options to make sure you get the best deal. The 18 participating hotels within Marriott’s NYC portfolio include:
- New York Marriott Marquis
- The Algonquin Hotel Times Square
- New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
- New York Marriott East Side
- JW Marriott Essex House New York
- Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
- Renaissance New York Hotel 57
- New York Marriott Downtown
- Courtyard New York Manhattan Midtown East
- Courtyard New York Manhattan Herald Square
- Courtyard New York Manhattan SoHo
- Courtyard New York Manhattan Chelsea
- Courtyard New York Manhattan Fifth Avenue
- Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square
- Courtyard New York Manhattan/Central Park
- Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park
- Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square
- SpringHill Suites New York Midtown/Fifth Avenue
To book, go to Marriott.com and use the promotional code ADV to take advantage of the discount. Here are some examples of stays you can book at a few of the Marriott properties included in the flash sale:
From February 19-21, rates at The Algonquin Hotel Times Square were going for $229 for a Guest room with one queen or double and $249 for a Deluxe Queen. With the ADV code applied, rates dropped to $195 and $212, respectively, per night.
From February 28 to March 4, rates at the New York Marriott East Side were going for $209 for a Classic Double and $219 for a Classic King. With the ADV code, rates dropped to $167 and $175, respectively, per night.
From February 19-21, rates at the New York Marriott Downtown were going for $169 for a Deluxe King and $189 for a Deluxe Double. With the ADV code, rates dropped to $135 and $151, respectively, per night.
Ultimately, if the flash sale is worth it is up to you. Other discounts when booking with Marriott might give you more savings, such as the AAA discount or the senior discount. If you do decide to take advantage of the flash sale and travel to the Big Apple, be sure to check out our points and miles guide to New York City.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards