Alaska Elites Can Now Select Extra Upgrades, Lounge Passes and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Earlier this year, I took advantage of an ongoing Alaska status match — I sent my United 1K credentials and Alaska matched me to MVP Gold 75K. Admittedly, I didn’t have plans to fly Alaska myself, but I instead wanted to earn four Gold Guest Upgrades so I could move my friends from coach to first on a round-trip flight from San Diego to Kauai. I haven’t flown Alaska at all (or credited any partner flights), so I didn’t earn status for 2016. That’s why I was especially surprised to see that I was eligible for Alaska’s holiday bonus!
As of this week, you can sign in to your Alaska account and click the “Thank You Gift” option on the left panel. There, you’ll see the three options listed above. If you plan to fly Alaska between now and December 31, 2016 (or know someone who is) the first option of two Gold Guest Upgrades is obviously the most valuable (especially since you can pair them with your Alaska Airlines Visa Signature companion ticket). After that, I’d select the two Board Room day passes (if you can use them) and finally the two Gogo flight passes. Worst case, if you can’t use any of these perks, you can always share them with another reader come November 2016.
These perks are available to MVP Gold members and above. You must log in and select your gift by January 22, 2016.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees