Is Hyatt Giving Away Hyatt Diamond Status?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It is pretty incredible what hotels and airlines do via social media these days, and I strongly advise you to utilize social media accounts such as Twitter if only to follow travel related companies (and friendly neighborhood bloggers, of course). A couple of days ago Hyatt tweeted the following via their @HyattConcierge Twitter account:
“Looking for a new loyalty program? DM us and let’s talk.”
I’m sure it is not at all coincidental that this offer was made the exact week that it was announced that Marriott was acquiring Starwood.
At first no one knew what they would be offering, but it seems that at first after making this offer they were pretty much handing Hyatt Diamond status like candy to folks with virtually any status with a competitor. Not only that, but the Hyatt Diamond status they were awarding was good until February 2017 and came with the confirmable suite upgrades!
Since they initially opened up this offer on Thursday, things have tightened up and they are no longer handing out Hyatt Diamond to every trick-or-treater on their virtual doorstep, but they are still handing it out to some. The lucky ones still receiving Hyatt Diamond seem to be Starwood Preferred Guest Platinums and perhaps some other top tier elites in competitor programs who have had stays (or perhaps as few as one stay) with that competitor in the last 12 months.
If you have SPG Platinum or another top tier status and want to try your hand at getting matched to Hyatt Platinum then either send a direct message to @HyattConcierge or email email@example.com. You will ultimately need to provide proof of your elite status with the other program as well as proof of your stay(s) in the last 12 months.
One word of warning…I am seeing tons of people who are tweeting publicly copies of their membership cards with other chains, their Hyatt Gold Passport numbers, etc. Don’t do that as it is just asking for trouble. Make sure you send your personal information via a direct message or via email. Don’t just tweet it to @HyattConcierge for all to see. Also be aware that it seems to be taking about 48 hours for Hyatt to get back with folks, so have some patience.
If you are able to get Hyatt Diamond status then you are in for a treat! The full complimentary breakfasts, the lounge access, suite upgrades, and food/beverage or point amenities at check-in are all fantastic, and I’m betting you will be hooked after you have a taste of how well they treat their top tier elites.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees