Is Hyatt Giving Away Hyatt Diamond Status?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It is pretty incredible what hotels and airlines do via social media these days, and I strongly advise you to utilize social media accounts such as Twitter if only to follow travel related companies (and friendly neighborhood bloggers, of course). A couple of days ago Hyatt tweeted the following via their @HyattConcierge Twitter account:
“Looking for a new loyalty program? DM us and let’s talk.”
I’m sure it is not at all coincidental that this offer was made the exact week that it was announced that Marriott was acquiring Starwood.
At first no one knew what they would be offering, but it seems that at first after making this offer they were pretty much handing Hyatt Diamond status like candy to folks with virtually any status with a competitor. Not only that, but the Hyatt Diamond status they were awarding was good until February 2017 and came with the confirmable suite upgrades!
Since they initially opened up this offer on Thursday, things have tightened up and they are no longer handing out Hyatt Diamond to every trick-or-treater on their virtual doorstep, but they are still handing it out to some. The lucky ones still receiving Hyatt Diamond seem to be Starwood Preferred Guest Platinums and perhaps some other top tier elites in competitor programs who have had stays (or perhaps as few as one stay) with that competitor in the last 12 months.
If you have SPG Platinum or another top tier status and want to try your hand at getting matched to Hyatt Platinum then either send a direct message to @HyattConcierge or email email@example.com. You will ultimately need to provide proof of your elite status with the other program as well as proof of your stay(s) in the last 12 months.
One word of warning…I am seeing tons of people who are tweeting publicly copies of their membership cards with other chains, their Hyatt Gold Passport numbers, etc. Don’t do that as it is just asking for trouble. Make sure you send your personal information via a direct message or via email. Don’t just tweet it to @HyattConcierge for all to see. Also be aware that it seems to be taking about 48 hours for Hyatt to get back with folks, so have some patience.
If you are able to get Hyatt Diamond status then you are in for a treat! The full complimentary breakfasts, the lounge access, suite upgrades, and food/beverage or point amenities at check-in are all fantastic, and I’m betting you will be hooked after you have a taste of how well they treat their top tier elites.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.