This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Shopping portals can provide a great way to earn extra miles — if you’re making online purchases, there’s no reason not to double-dip by going through one to boost your earning rate. Earning rates through these portals are known to change pretty much constantly, and American’s portal is now offering some limited-time elevated earning rates for a variety of business and office-supply merchants.
From today, November 5, to Wednesday November 11, you can take advantage of increased AAdvantage miles-earning rates with a handful of business-related vendors. Note that the elevated earning level for each merchant will be available for 3-4 days during this period. The first batch will be available from November 5 to 11:59pm ET on November 8, while the second group is available from November 9 to 11:59pm ET on November 11.
Click here to take advantage of these promotional earning rates.
|Merchant||Regular Earning Rate||Promotional Earning Rate||Offer Dates|
|4inkjets||12 miles/$||16 miles/$||11/5 – 11/8|
|Grainger||2 miles/$||6 miles/$||11/5 – 11/8|
|Vistaprint||3 miles/$||6 miles/$||11/5 – 11/8|
|Office Depot||2 miles/$||5 miles/$||11/5 – 11/8|
|123inkjets||12 miles/$||16 miles/$||11/9 – 11/11|
|FedEx Office||3 miles/$||6 miles/$||11/9 – 11/11|
|quill.com||2 miles/$||4 miles/$||11/9 – 11/11|
|Dell Small Business||2 miles/$||4 miles/$||11/9 – 11/11|
|Newegg||1 miles/$||4 miles/$||11/5 – 11/8|
|AT&T Uverse||4,300 miles||5,000 miles||11/9 – 11/11|
According to TPG’s latest valuations, American AAdvantage miles are worth 1.7 cents apiece. With the highest earning rate offered through this promotion — 16 miles per dollar through vendor 4 Inkjets — you’d net about 27 cents per dollar. If you’re a small business owner in need of some new office supplies and you have a particular award redemption on American or a partner airline in mind, this could be a good opportunity to stock up.
Also, keep in mind that you can “double dip” by taking advantage of credit card category bonuses. For example, if you pay for an Office Depot purchase with a Chase Ink Plus card, you’ll earn 5 Ultimate Rewards points per dollar in addition to the 5 miles you’ll earn per dollar as part of this promotion. Considering that TPG values Ultimate Rewards points at 2.1 cents each, you’re essentially getting a 10.5 cents-per-dollar return in addition to the 8.5 cents you’ll get through the portal for a total of 19 cents worth of points for each dollar you spend. Not too shabby!
Ultimately, the timing here couldn’t be better — it’s a great way to hit year-end spend for your business while earning lots of extra miles in the process. You can invest in 2016 supplies now but have the expenses hit your 2015 bottom line!
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees