This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Shopping portals can provide a great way to earn extra miles — if you’re making online purchases, there’s no reason not to double-dip by going through one to boost your earning rate. Earning rates through these portals are known to change pretty much constantly, and American’s portal is now offering some limited-time elevated earning rates for a variety of business and office-supply merchants.
From today, November 5, to Wednesday November 11, you can take advantage of increased AAdvantage miles-earning rates with a handful of business-related vendors. Note that the elevated earning level for each merchant will be available for 3-4 days during this period. The first batch will be available from November 5 to 11:59pm ET on November 8, while the second group is available from November 9 to 11:59pm ET on November 11.
Click here to take advantage of these promotional earning rates.
|Merchant||Regular Earning Rate||Promotional Earning Rate||Offer Dates|
|4inkjets||12 miles/$||16 miles/$||11/5 – 11/8|
|Grainger||2 miles/$||6 miles/$||11/5 – 11/8|
|Vistaprint||3 miles/$||6 miles/$||11/5 – 11/8|
|Office Depot||2 miles/$||5 miles/$||11/5 – 11/8|
|123inkjets||12 miles/$||16 miles/$||11/9 – 11/11|
|FedEx Office||3 miles/$||6 miles/$||11/9 – 11/11|
|quill.com||2 miles/$||4 miles/$||11/9 – 11/11|
|Dell Small Business||2 miles/$||4 miles/$||11/9 – 11/11|
|Newegg||1 miles/$||4 miles/$||11/5 – 11/8|
|AT&T Uverse||4,300 miles||5,000 miles||11/9 – 11/11|
According to TPG’s latest valuations, American AAdvantage miles are worth 1.7 cents apiece. With the highest earning rate offered through this promotion — 16 miles per dollar through vendor 4 Inkjets — you’d net about 27 cents per dollar. If you’re a small business owner in need of some new office supplies and you have a particular award redemption on American or a partner airline in mind, this could be a good opportunity to stock up.
Also, keep in mind that you can “double dip” by taking advantage of credit card category bonuses. For example, if you pay for an Office Depot purchase with a Chase Ink Plus card, you’ll earn 5 Ultimate Rewards points per dollar in addition to the 5 miles you’ll earn per dollar as part of this promotion. Considering that TPG values Ultimate Rewards points at 2.1 cents each, you’re essentially getting a 10.5 cents-per-dollar return in addition to the 8.5 cents you’ll get through the portal for a total of 19 cents worth of points for each dollar you spend. Not too shabby!
Ultimately, the timing here couldn’t be better — it’s a great way to hit year-end spend for your business while earning lots of extra miles in the process. You can invest in 2016 supplies now but have the expenses hit your 2015 bottom line!
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.