This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Around this time last year, Starwood began rolling out SPG Keyless, which lets you skip the front desk and unlock your room door at select hotels using your smartphone or Apple Watch. Now, to help drum up interest for the new service, the chain is offering 2,500 bonus Starpoints when you book a stay at a participating Aloft, Element or W hotel and pay with an American Express card, such as the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express.
You must meet the following requirements to get your bonus Starpoints:
- Register by February 29, 2016
- Stay at a participating Aloft, Element or W hotel and use SPG Keyless during your stay
- Add an American Express card to your SPG profile and check out with that same card
- Complete your stay between now and February 29, 2016, but stays can be booked before the promo period begins
TPG values Starpoints at 2.5 cents each, so you’re earning $62.50 worth of points through this deal, in addition to the points you’d normally earn for a Starwood stay. This offer does appear to be valid for customers who have used SPG Keyless in the past. It’s obviously worth participating, so if you’re planning to visit a participating hotel between now and February 29, be sure to register, download the SPG app and enable Keyless before your stay.
- Earn a $100 statement credit after you make $1,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn an additional $100 statement credit after your first purchase on the Card at a participating SPG® or Marriott Rewards® hotel within your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- From now through July 31, 2018: Earn 2 Starpoints® for every dollar of eligible purchases on the Card at participating SPG® and Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other eligible purchases.
- On August 1, 2018, SPG will convert every one Starpoint in a loyalty member account to three points. In general, corresponding redemption changes will occur. Visit members.marriott.com for details.
- Effective August 1, 2018: Earn 6 points for every dollar of eligible purchases on the Card at participating SPG and Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 2 points for all other eligible purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Earn free nights at over 1,500 hotels and resorts in over 100 countries with no blackout dates. Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges.
- Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees