New $150 Sign-Up Bonus on the Chase Freedom Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Taking advantage of limited-time offers on top travel rewards credit cards is a great way to boost your account balances and unlock valuable redemptions, and today a popular card has launched an increased sign-up bonus. You can now earn a bonus of $150 cash back after you spend $500 on purchases in your first three months from account opening when you apply and are approved for the Chase Freedom card.
However, as Jason Steele wrote about earlier this year, the Freedom isn’t just another cash-back card. When you also have a premium card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (which has its own increased bonus offer) or Ink Plus Business Card, the earnings on the Freedom can actually be converted to more valuable (and transferable) Ultimate Rewards points.
Remember that you have until midway through the last month of the quarter to register for the 5% bonus, so if you apply now, you’ll receive the card in plenty of time to register before the December 14th deadline.
What if you recently applied?
If you applied for the card within the last few months, it’s definitely worth sending Chase a message to see if it’ll honor the increased bonus. You can do this from your account overview page after logging in to Chase.com:
- Click on Secure Message Center (at the top right).
- Select Send New Message.
- Choose the topic from the drop-down menu next to My Personal Accounts (Rewards Inquiry is likely the best bet) and click GO.
- Select your credit card and topic, type of a brief request asking Chase to honor the new bonus and click Send.
I’ve read many reports of folks getting bumped to a higher bonus if they applied within 90 days of the new offer. It can’t hurt to ask; the worst thing that can happen is that Chase will say no!
The Chase Freedom is a solid product on its own, and it becomes a no-brainer when paired with a premium card from Chase. This new limited-time offer makes it a great time to apply for the card, though it has climbed higher in the past. If you’ve been waiting to pull the trigger, now’s as good a time as any!
For more information, check out the following posts:
Are any of you going to get in on this new sign-up bonus?
It's a stellar cash back card on its own, but when paired with the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Chase Sapphire Preferred, the Freedom's 5x Category Bonuses let you rack up Chase Ultimate Rewards Points, transferrable to partners or redeemable via the portal.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 16.74-25.49%. Balance transfer fee is 5% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
- Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - it's automatic
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠
- No annual fee