Yesterday’s News: Starpoints, United Miles Bonus and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
Were you busy traveling to exciting locations yesterday (on points or miles, of course)? Never fear — we’ve got your back with a recap of the previous day’s top stories, including news, reviews and more.
You have until midnight tonight to take advantage of United’s latest buy miles promotion. The full 80% bonus requires a minimum purchase of 30,000 miles, and the maximum is 80,000 + 64,000 bonus miles. At a max value of 2.1 cents per mile it’s not the best deal to ever come our way, but if you have a particular redemption in mind, it could be worth it. Read more.
How many cards can you sign up for at one issuer within 90 days? Has Citi gotten rid of its immediate denial glitch? Learn these answers and a bucket load of other usable tips. Read more.
Rewards Card of the Week: Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
You can earn 75,000 bonus AAdvantage miles after you spend $7,500 in the first three months with the Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard. After you earn the bonus, you’ll have enough miles for a one-way international first-class flight on American Airlines or its Oneworld partners, including Cathay Pacific.
There are three tried-and-true methods to use Starpoints and confirm a reservation directly into a suite, and this post walks you through each of them. Even though there’s very little consistency when it comes to availability of the suites across SPG’s portfolio, if you can hit hit that “suite” spot, you’re in for the stay of a lifetime! Read more.
Want more of the week’s hottest stories? Head to our Saturday recap right here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.