Yesterday’s News: Norwegian Air Love, Last Chance for 75,000 AA Miles & More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
Were you busy traveling to exciting locations yesterday (on points or miles, of course)? Never fear — we’ve got your back with a recap of the previous day’s top stories, including news, reviews and more.
TPG Senior Points & Miles Contributor Nick Ewen takes a look at cards that offer status with the top rental car agencies, including Hertz, Avis, National and Sixt. It’s not as glamorous as hotel or airline elite status, but if you’re a traveler who needs to be on the road — or even if you just take frequent weekend road trips from home — it can mean all the difference. Read more.
Last Chance to Earn 75,000 AAdvantage Miles with the Citi Executive Card
In addition to the many other perks of this card, based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 75,000-mile sign-up bonus alone is worth $1,275. But this offer, which launched in July, is set to expire on Thursday, October 29, 2015 — and you may have trouble finding active sign-up links as of Monday, October 26. So get on it! Read more.
Which leads us to…
Rewards Card of the Week: Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
For just a few more days, you can earn 75,000 bonus AAdvantage miles after you spend $7,500 in the first three months with the Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard. After you earn the bonus, you’ll have enough miles for a one-way international first-class flight on American Airlines or its Oneworld partners, including Cathay Pacific.
Two nights ago, TPG Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig flew a Norwegian 787-8 Dreamliner from JFK to Oslo to travel on the world’s longest 737 flight. And guess what? He actually really enjoyed it, and gave us five reasons why. Could its well-documented operational issues finally be in the past? Read more.
Want more of the week’s hottest stories? Head to our Saturday recap right here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees