This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
Were you busy traveling to exciting locations yesterday (on points or miles, of course)? Never fear — we’ve got your back with a recap of the previous day’s top stories, including news, reviews and more.
TPG Senior Points & Miles Contributor Nick Ewen takes a look at cards that offer status with the top rental car agencies, including Hertz, Avis, National and Sixt. It’s not as glamorous as hotel or airline elite status, but if you’re a traveler who needs to be on the road — or even if you just take frequent weekend road trips from home — it can mean all the difference. Read more.
In addition to the many other perks of this card, based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 75,000-mile sign-up bonus alone is worth $1,275. But this offer, which launched in July, is set to expire on Thursday, October 29, 2015 — and you may have trouble finding active sign-up links as of Monday, October 26. So get on it! Read more.
Which leads us to…
Rewards Card of the Week: Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
For just a few more days, you can earn 75,000 bonus AAdvantage miles after you spend $7,500 in the first three months with the Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard. After you earn the bonus, you’ll have enough miles for a one-way international first-class flight on American Airlines or its Oneworld partners, including Cathay Pacific.
Two nights ago, TPG Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig flew a Norwegian 787-8 Dreamliner from JFK to Oslo to travel on the world’s longest 737 flight. And guess what? He actually really enjoyed it, and gave us five reasons why. Could its well-documented operational issues finally be in the past? Read more.
Want more of the week’s hottest stories? Head to our Saturday recap right here.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards