This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Were you busy traveling to exciting locations yesterday (on points or miles, of course)? Never fear — we’ve got your back with a recap of the previous day’s top stories, including news, reviews and more.
You have until midnight tonight to take advantage of a great deal from British Airways: $2,015 round-trip for business-class travel to European destinations through August 2016. But wait, there’s more! With an AARP discount (anyone can become a member) and Avios points, round-trip fares were available for as low as $362 (business class from Philly to Madrid). Today, you can find the same flights for a few hundred dollars more. Read more (but start with this post).
TPG Senior Points & Miles Contributor Nick Ewen has started an informative series on point transferring, and yesterday he tackled moving Ultimate Rewards points to United. Chase Ultimate Rewards are some of the best transferable points to have in your wallet, and he takes you through the process step by step. Read more.
Rewards Card of the Week: Chase Sapphire Preferred
With a current sign-up bonus of 40,000 points when you spend $4,000 within the first three months, if you don’t already have the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, now’s the time to get it. Points transfer instantly to many travel partners — for example, 40,000 bonus points can be converted to 40,000 United miles or Hyatt points.
American is running a buy miles promotion, which inspired this Thursday’s giveaway! TPG values American miles at 1.7 cents apiece, so you can earn quite a bit of value from both the sign-up offer, as well as the buy miles promotion. You must enter the giveaway (via Facebook or through the post itself) below no later than 11:59pm ET on Monday, October 19. Do it now!
Want more of the week’s hottest stories? Head to our Saturday recap right here.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards