This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back in May, Wyndham Rewards implemented its plan to have a flat redemption rate of 15,000 points per night at all of its 7,500 properties worldwide with no blackout dates. So, its top-tier properties that used to go for 50,000 points per night are now going for a flat 15,000 points per night. Whereas on the other hand, the lower-tier properties that were going for 5,500 points per night are now running at that same flat rate of 15,000 points per night. Well, five months after the switch, it turns out the change was pretty successful for Wyndham.
Since the launch in May, Wyndham has reported 2.1 million new members in its program. Member occupancy in each of its properties since the launch continues to outperform 2014 every month, and total redemptions are up 75% from last year, despite some growing pains.
The top-five markets for points redemptions include:
The program’s core earning ratio hasn’t changed with the launch of the 15,000-point flat-rate stay. You still earn 10 points for every dollar spent at Wyndham properties, but you’re now guaranteed to earn a minimum of 1,000 points per stay. You can also earn points through partners, or you can buy Wyndham Rewards points for 1.1 cent per point in blocks of 1,000, with a limit of 5,000 points within a calendar year.
Have you utilized Wyndham’s new 15,000-point flat-rate program?
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards