$100 Bonus for Some Card Applications in U.S. Bank Branches
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
U.S. Bank recently launched a promotion offering a bonus for new card approvals when you apply in branch. Through early December, you’ll receive a $100 statement credit when you’re approved for a qualifying consumer credit card and spend or transfer a balance of at least $1,000 in the first 30 days. Best of all, that $100 is offered in addition to other sign-up bonuses.
A number of cards issued by U.S. Bank are eligible for this promotion, but not all of them. The best options are the U.S. Bank Flexperks Travel Rewards Visa Signature Card and the similar U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards American Express Card. Both cards offer sign-up bonuses of 20,000 points after you spend $3,500 in the first four months, and that spending counts toward the $100 bonus as well.
The FlexPerks program is a little convoluted, but generally those points can be redeemed for flights worth up to $400. You also get a $25 airline allowance with each award redemption, which you can apply toward costs like baggage fees and in-flight purchases. Combined with the current promotion, these cards offer pretty good value, especially considering the $49 annual fee is waived for the first year.
Unfortunately, co-branded options like the Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card and the Korean Air SKYPASS Visa Signature Credit Card are excluded from the promotion. However, the bonus is available with several other rewards cards:
- Flexperks Select+ Amex
- FlexPerks Select Rewards Visa
- Perks+ Visa Signature
- Cash+ Visa Signature
- Cash Rewards Visa
- Visa Platinum (though this isn’t a rewards card)
Again, you must apply in a U.S. Bank branch, and there are a few more important conditions. First, applications must be received by December 4, 2015, but can be approved beyond that date. The promotion is limited to one offer per person, per household. There’s also a line indicating that the $100 bonus cannot be combined with other offers, but U.S. Bank staff have clarified that this does not refer to credit card sign-up bonuses. Finally, balance transfers from other U.S. Bank accounts do not qualify toward earning the bonus.
Also keep in mind that the time alloted to meet the spending requirement begins when the account is opened, not when you receive your card. You’ll probably have closer to 3 weeks unless you request expedited delivery (which costs extra).
If you’re already considering one of these cards, then signing up during this promotion is a no-brainer. If you’re not sure, check out our comparison of fixed value rewards cards for more information on the FlexPerks program.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees