This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United frequent flyers have something be excited about — that isn’t something you hear every day! Beginning this week, Premier 1K and Global Services flyers can expect a free drink on all United economy flights, so even if you don’t get an upgrade, at least you won’t be going thirsty. American Airlines already offers this benefit to its Executive Platinum members, while Delta offers this perk to all Comfort+ (premium economy) passengers.
In addition to the typical non-alcoholic beverages that United offers, there’s also a selection of both domestic and craft beers, speciality cocktails, house wines, and premium spirits and liqueurs. Elites can choose from most of the above beverages, though you’ll still have to pay for United’s “premium” wines.
This free drink benefit is a nice addition to the current selection of perks for Premier 1K and Global Services passengers, including free first-class upgrades, priority boarding and better availability for saver award tickets in premium cabins.
With the introduction of United’s new CEO, we’re already seeing some modest improvements to the airline and its MileagePlus frequent flyer program, including a new feedback website and a new option to put award tickets on hold while you purchase miles or transfer points from a partner, such as Ultimate Rewards points earned with Chase Sapphire Preferred.
H/T: Brian Sumers
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards