United Offering 30% Extra Miles Through Partners
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
United Airlines has an interesting promotion that will be great for newbies to the points and miles game, as well as those of you who haven't taken advantage of earning opportunities through UA's partners in recent months.
United's MileagePlus program has always featured pretty decent earning partnerships with major brands. But now through November 20, 2015, if you purchase from any partner you haven't used in the last 12 months, you'll earn 30% more miles up to a maximum of 25,000 miles. Of course, you can also boost your MileagePlus balance by transferring points instantly from Ultimate Rewards, earned with cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred.
The hotel partners are definitely the most popular brands participating in this promotion — SPG, Wyndham, IHG among them — and can also be the trickiest. For example, Marriott is a partner, but the bonus miles are only earned at Marriott Hawaii Resorts; HHonors is as well, but you can only earn the bonus following stays at Conrad and Waldorf Astoria properties. But you can still earn 10% extra miles through partner purchases, even if you have used the partner in the last 12 months.
One partner that provides an especially easy way to pick up bonus points is FTD. You earn 25 miles for each US dollar spent; if you haven't used FTD in the last year, that's 32.5 miles per dollar. You could purchase scheduled holiday and birthday flowers well into the future and clean up on miles now!
Here are some promotion terms; read more about it here:
- Only open to US members.
- Register at united.com/waystoearn2015
- 10% bonus miles offer: For qualifying transactions with MileagePlus Shopping, MileagePlus Dining, and MileagePlus X that do not qualify for the 30% offer because the member has earned award miles with the applicable partner in the 12 months prior to the start of this offer, a member will earn bonus miles in an amount equal to 10% of the base award miles earned with such partner during the offer period.
- Some partners require membership in their program in order to earn MileagePlus award miles. Partners may also require members to opt to earn MileagePlus miles over other loyalty currencies.
- Any debits to a member's account as a result of retail transactions that have been returned will negate previously credited miles.
H/T: Mommy Points
Top offers from our partners
How we chose these cards
- Learn Moreabout Credit One Bank Wander® CardTerms Apply