This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re an Uber user and plan on flying out of San Francisco (SFO) to Southeast Asia, this deal is tailor-made for you. Uber has partnered with SkyTeam member China Airlines to offer exclusive discounts on fares from San Francisco to many Southeast Asian destinations (including India). For a limited time, travelers can get $150 off a business or premium economy fare, or $75 off an economy fare.
The offer is valid on travel from Oct 2, 2015 to May 20, 2016, excluding December 11-27 and February 2-16. Your ticket must be purchased before November 15, 2015. Note that this appears to be a targeted offer, however you can try using code UBERZ55873ZB3KG for $150 off business fares and UBER6ZMCSQC5DNS for $75 off economy fares.
How cheap does that make a ticket? Here’s what we found:
Combined with Super Saver fares, less than $600 round-trip from SFO to MNL is a pretty good deal. You can also opt for the new three-seat Family Couch, which reclines to a lie-flat 180 degrees. If you aren’t eligible for the Uber discount, you may be able to save up to $100 via this offer, instead. And if you haven’t signed up for Uber, you can join here and get your first ride free (up to $20).
Will you take advantage of this offer? Let us know in the comments.
The Points Guy Assessment:
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great pick for the beginner and the frequent traveler. The CSP has superb travel benefits, double points on certain purchases, and a 50,000 point sign up bonus. The $95 annual fee is waived the first year so this puts it as one of the less expensive cards, while still allowing you to earn one of the most valuable point currencies.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards