Incredible Turkish Business-Class Award Availability for Summer 2016
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
What’s better than Kobe Bryant making balloon animals for your kid on a long-haul flight? Eight business-class award seats on many Turkish routes between the US and Europe next summer (and before and after) is what.
Star Alliance member Turkish Airlines has phenomenal business-class award availability for nearly all of its US destinations on many dates in 2016, including the peak summer season. Availability is great from the US to Istanbul, but even better on the way back. So, while you can find more than four biz awards on flights from IST to New York and even Los Angeles and San Francisco throughout 2016, you may need to connect in Boston, Chicago or Houston on the outbound when flying from those cities.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Chicago to Istanbul in July:
Houston to Istanbul in July:
Istanbul to JFK in July:
Istanbul to LAX in July:
Istanbul to SFO in July:
While Istanbul is a bit out of the way if you’re traveling to Western Europe, you can’t beat this availability for a lie-flat business-class seat in peak season. These flights require 70,000 United or 52,500 Aeroplan miles each way, with very low taxes and fees (and no fuel surcharges). Book quickly and take advantage of United’s 24-hour change/cancelation policy if you can’t make the dates work.
Also, note that there’s a chance that you could end up on a terrorism watch list if you fly from IST — and that isn’t any fun.
If you need more United miles, you can transfer Ultimate Rewards points instantly earned with a card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred. Or, you can transfer Membership Rewards points to Aeroplan instantly, earned with cards like The Platinum Card from American Express and Premier Rewards Gold from American Express.
H/T: View from the Wing
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees