This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Starwood Preferred Guest unveiled the winners of its fifth-annual Member Favorites Hotels & Resorts List, as well as its top 10 most popular destinations for SPG travelers. There weren’t many surprises on the list, as quite a few of the top hotels and resorts are located in some of the world’s most popular destinations. Among the most interesting highlights from SPG, the greatest number of free night redemptions were at the St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort in Florida. Also of note, the Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers hosted the greatest number of SPG members over the past year, and it’s the hotel’s first year on the SPG’s list of member favorites.
The list also includes the top 10 emerging hot spots to possibly look for in next year’s rankings, which include Fuerteventura, Spain in the Canary Islands; Adeje Tenerife in Spain; The Red Sea in Egypt; Rhodes in Greece; and Le Morne in Mauritius, among others. The rankings for this year were compiled based on SPG ratings and reviews, as well as hotel survey feedback.
Most Popular Destinations
According to SPG, below are the most popular destinations for member redemptions:
And, presented in no particular order, here are the top-rated properties in The Americas:
– Four Points by Sheraton Punta Cana Village, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
– The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, Nayarit, Mexico
– Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, North Carolina, USA
– Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, Pennsylvania, USA
– The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, Motu Ome’e, Bora Bora (Yes, SPG confirmed that Bora Bora falls under “The Americas”)
– Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, Texas, USA
– The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, Florida, USA
– Four Points by Sheraton Midtown — Times Square, New York, USA
– The St. Regis New York, New York, USA
– The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort, Arizona, USA
Then, here are the top properties in Europe, Africa and the Middle East:
– Hotel Goldener Hirsch, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Salzburg, Austria
– The St. Regis Florence, Florence, Italy
– The Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Venice, Italy
– Four Points by Sheraton Ljubljana Mons, Ljubljana, Slovenia
– The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, Mallorca, Spain
– Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian, Spain
– Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert, Dubai, UAE
– Grosvenor House, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Dubai, UAE
– Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, Dubai, UAE
– Le Meridien Fairway, Dubai, UAE
Finally, here are the most popular SPG hotels in the Asia Pacific region:
– Sheraton Qiandao Lake Resort, Zhejiang, China
– The Royal Begonia, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Sanya, Hainan, China
– Sheraton Zhoushan Hotel, Zhejiang, China
– Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, Kowloon, Hong Kong
– Aloft Ahmedabad, SG Road, Gujarat, India
– Le Meridien Pune, Maharashtra, India
– The St. Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia
– W Retreat & Spa, Fesdu Island, Maldives
– W Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
– W Retreat Koh Samui, Surat Thani, Thailand
According to September’s point valuations, Starpoints are the most valuable rewards currency, valued at 2.5 cents apiece. You can boost your balance significantly by signing up for the co-branded Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express, which offers 25,000 bonus Starpoints after $3,000 in purchases in the first three months. The Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card, meanwhile, includes a similar offer — you’ll earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints after $5,000 in purchases in the first three months.