This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qantas and American Airlines have teamed up to offer more flights between the US/Canada and Australia, and to promote this partnership, Qantas is offering double points on eligible flights with a Qantas (QF) flight number between Australia and the USA or Canada.
The window for this offer is tight; tickets have to be booked between today and October 19, 2015. But the eligible flights are from December 18, 2015 through September 30, 2016 — so if you’ve been hesitating on booking an Australia trip for next year, now’s the time to push the button.
Who’s ready for some caveats?
- An eligible flight for the purpose of this promotion means any International Qantas or American Airlines® flight with a QF flight number on your ticket between Australia and the USA or Canada where Qantas Points are normally earned.
- Connecting domestic flights within Australia and connecting onward international flight segments are not eligible under this offer.
- You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply.
- The number of seats available depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Classic Flight Rewards available.
- Points Plus Pay – Flights are available on any itinerary including flights with a QF, JQ, 3K BL, or GK flight number booked on qantas.com.
If you’re planning to fly Qantas or AA (with a Qantas flight number), and you don’t mind earning Qantas points instead of AAdvantage miles, don’t forget to register!
The Points Guy Assessment:
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great pick for the beginner and the frequent traveler. The CSP has superb travel benefits, double points on certain purchases, and a 50,000 point sign up bonus. The $95 annual fee is waived the first year so this puts it as one of the less expensive cards, while still allowing you to earn one of the most valuable point currencies.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards