This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Priority Pass updated its program this month, with the introduction of new lounges and a new way to access them. Members will have access to more than 850 lounges worldwide, and notably, Priority Pass Cardholders can now use the brand’s app (available for iOS, Android and Blackberry) to access lounges.
Before this update, the only way to access the lounges was to physically have your card with you. The app uses a digital membership card to speed up the check-in process, and makes gaining access to lounges just a little bit less of a nuisance, especially when it’s so easy to forget a card you’d only carry while traveling. Priority Pass says that the majority of its lounges will support the new digital membership card, although they recommend carrying both in case there are any issues.An Amex Platinum can get you access to Priority Pass lounges — just remember to sign-up before arriving at the airport.
Priority Pass lounges feature the normal airport-lounge perks, like Wi-Fi and free drinks. Memberships start at $99 per year (you’ll still have to purchase day passes at this price point), or you can gain membership with premium credit cards, such as the Amex Platinum Card. Keep in mind, however, that possessing a Platinum card often isn’t enough to get you in — you need to register for Priority Pass in advance of getting to the airport to guarantee entry.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That's up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees