Earn 150 Starpoints and Extend Your Expiration Date
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express
Starwood regularly awards travelers with small incentives for things like booking a stay through the SPG app or subscribing to e-statements. This month, SPG members can earn points by updating the security question associated with their user accounts. The promo will reward 150 points for just a few minutes of work, and is available until October 31, 2015.
To change the questions and earn your bonus points, either follow this link, or simply go to the “My Profile” page accessed via the toolbar while you’re logged in to your SPG account, and edit your security question in the “My Account” page. After changing the questions, be sure to save your changes.
150 Starpoints is nowhere near enough to get you a night at the W Hong Kong or the Prince de Galles in Paris (or anywhere else), but it will keep your points from expiring. And with Starwood offering bonuses on a frequent basis, it’s certainly worth taking the few minutes to earn the points, as these small offerings add up over time.
SPG is also currently offering up to 10,000 bonus points for staying at Tribute Portfolio properties, such as the Royal Palm South Beach Miami, in addition to running a fall promotion of double points on stays. Of course, you can earn many more Starpoints through Amex’s credit card offers — currently, you’ll earn 25,000 points after spending $3,000 in the first three months with the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees