Earn 150 Starpoints and Extend Your Expiration Date
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express
Starwood regularly awards travelers with small incentives for things like booking a stay through the SPG app or subscribing to e-statements. This month, SPG members can earn points by updating the security question associated with their user accounts. The promo will reward 150 points for just a few minutes of work, and is available until October 31, 2015.
To change the questions and earn your bonus points, either follow this link, or simply go to the “My Profile” page accessed via the toolbar while you’re logged in to your SPG account, and edit your security question in the “My Account” page. After changing the questions, be sure to save your changes.
150 Starpoints is nowhere near enough to get you a night at the W Hong Kong or the Prince de Galles in Paris (or anywhere else), but it will keep your points from expiring. And with Starwood offering bonuses on a frequent basis, it’s certainly worth taking the few minutes to earn the points, as these small offerings add up over time.
SPG is also currently offering up to 10,000 bonus points for staying at Tribute Portfolio properties, such as the Royal Palm South Beach Miami, in addition to running a fall promotion of double points on stays. Of course, you can earn many more Starpoints through Amex’s credit card offers — currently, you’ll earn 25,000 points after spending $3,000 in the first three months with the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.