This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways will introduce an A380 on its Miami-London route this weekend. Starting on Sunday, October 25, the massive aircraft will service one of two flights per day between the cities. The other flight will continue to operate on a 747 aircraft. If you were lucky enough to snag the BA business-class deals last week, you might have the chance to fly the A380 on your flights between the US and London.
The A380 is one of the biggest planes in BA’s fleet, with four cabins and 469 seats. The airline ordered 12 A380 aircraft for delivery in 2016, so there will be more chances to fly in this behemoth over the coming months. Miami is the fourth American city with British Airways A380 service along with Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington D.C.
The A380 is one of the most luxurious planes in the skies, and while TPG hasn’t had a chance to personally fly British Airway’s product yet, he has flown the aircraft on other carriers, including Qatar and Sinagpore.
Keep in mind that you can earn British Airways Avios using a number of different cards including the British Airways Visa Signature Card, as well as the Chase Sapphire Preferred in tandem with Chase Ultimate Rewards.
The Points Guy Assessment:
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great pick for the beginner and the frequent traveler. The CSP has superb travel benefits, double points on certain purchases, and a 50,000 point sign up bonus. The $95 annual fee is waived the first year so this puts it as one of the less expensive cards, while still allowing you to earn one of the most valuable point currencies.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards