Business Class to Europe from Just 30,000 Avios + $446 Round-Trip!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some destinations are even less expensive. Here’s round-trip business from Philly to Madrid for $362!
This morning, we shared a fantastic British Airways fare sale from several cities around the US to many destinations in Europe. Fares are priced at $1,440 round-trip in business class all the way through August 2016, though you can save a bit more if you travel over Thanksgiving. See our earlier post to get some ideas of what you can book. Note that you need to be an AARP member to get the biggest discount, but anyone can join (more on that in the post above).
Even more exciting than that, however, is an opportunity to offset the cost of these cash bookings by redeeming British Airways Avios. You can transfer points to British Airways instantly from Ultimate Rewards, earned with cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred, so you can take advantage of this deal even if you don’t currently have Avios in your account.
After you select your flights, you can take $764 off the cost of the ticket by redeeming 30,000 Avios. TPG values British Airways Avios at 1.6 cents apiece. However, with this deal, you can get 2.5 cents in value per Avios point. In the case of the Thanksgiving flight above, you’ll pay just $446 after redeeming 30,000 Avios. And you’ll earn the full number of miles for the round-trip flight.
If you’re interested in taking advantage, don’t delay — flights must be ticketed no longer than midnight tomorrow!
H/T: Former TPG Intern Kevin Song
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.