New Increased Offers on the Chase Ink Plus and Ink Cash!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Sign-up offers on credit cards are a great way to boost your account balances and unlock a variety of valuable redemptions. Today Chase announced two increased offers on a pair of very popular cards: the Ink Plus Business Card and the Ink Cash Business Card.
The sign-up bonus alone is worth $1,260 based on TPG’s most recent valuations, and the category bonuses can be very lucrative throughout the year. With the program’s diverse travel partners, there are many ways to redeem your Ultimate Rewards points for maximum value. TPG Contributor Eric Rosen recently flew Lufthansa first class in part from transferring points to United, one of several ways to fly first class using Ultimate Rewards points.
The big difference between this offer and the standard offer on the card is the fact that the annual fee isn’t waived for the first year. The trade off, though, is that you’ll earn an extra 10,000 Ultimate Rewards points. Since that essentially equates to buying Ultimate Rewards points for less than a cent apiece, this is a very appealing offer.
Ink Business Cash Credit Card:
If you want to avoid an annual fee, the Ink Cash could be a good option. Even though it appears to be a simple cash-back card on the surface (like the Chase Freedom, which is no longer open to new applicants), you can actually convert the earnings on it to more valuable (and flexible) Ultimate Rewards points if you have a premium card like the Ink Plus or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. For more information on how to do this, be sure to check out Jason Steele’s post on Why Chase Freedom Isn’t Just Another Cash Back Card.
Applying for a Business Card
Even though these are both marketed as business credit cards, you don’t need to have a formal business with an EIN number in order to apply for them. For those of you who have small businesses, instead of applying with a Tax Identification Number you can enter your social security number in the box and indicate that that you are a sole proprietor.
There are several key differences between personal and business credit cards, including different category bonuses and lucrative sign-up offers. Be sure to check out TPG’s top 10 reasons to get a business credit card for more details.
My wife and I have had the Ink Plus for years and love them. If you’ve been eyeing one of these cards, now’s a great time to apply! For more information on them, check out the following posts:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees