New Increased Offers on the Chase Ink Plus and Ink Cash!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Sign-up offers on credit cards are a great way to boost your account balances and unlock a variety of valuable redemptions. Today Chase announced two increased offers on a pair of very popular cards: the Ink Plus Business Card and the Ink Cash Business Card.
The sign-up bonus alone is worth $1,260 based on TPG’s most recent valuations, and the category bonuses can be very lucrative throughout the year. With the program’s diverse travel partners, there are many ways to redeem your Ultimate Rewards points for maximum value. TPG Contributor Eric Rosen recently flew Lufthansa first class in part from transferring points to United, one of several ways to fly first class using Ultimate Rewards points.
The big difference between this offer and the standard offer on the card is the fact that the annual fee isn’t waived for the first year. The trade off, though, is that you’ll earn an extra 10,000 Ultimate Rewards points. Since that essentially equates to buying Ultimate Rewards points for less than a cent apiece, this is a very appealing offer.
Ink Business Cash Credit Card:
If you want to avoid an annual fee, the Ink Cash could be a good option. Even though it appears to be a simple cash-back card on the surface (like the Chase Freedom, which is no longer open to new applicants), you can actually convert the earnings on it to more valuable (and flexible) Ultimate Rewards points if you have a premium card like the Ink Plus or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. For more information on how to do this, be sure to check out Jason Steele’s post on Why Chase Freedom Isn’t Just Another Cash Back Card.
Applying for a Business Card
Even though these are both marketed as business credit cards, you don’t need to have a formal business with an EIN number in order to apply for them. For those of you who have small businesses, instead of applying with a Tax Identification Number you can enter your social security number in the box and indicate that that you are a sole proprietor.
There are several key differences between personal and business credit cards, including different category bonuses and lucrative sign-up offers. Be sure to check out TPG’s top 10 reasons to get a business credit card for more details.
My wife and I have had the Ink Plus for years and love them. If you’ve been eyeing one of these cards, now’s a great time to apply! For more information on them, check out the following posts:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.