This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In a vehicle that puts the Pope Mobile and Obama’s Cadillac Beast to shame, Etihad has built a massive mobile exhibition vehicle that houses full-size mock-ups of The Residence and the First Apartment, both from the airline’s A380 fleet, and also the B787 First Suite. This comes off the popularity of the exhibition at this year’s Milan Expo, where visitors walked through a replica of The Residence.
Over the weekend, the airline launched its premium cabin tour at the Zurich Film Festival (Etihad is a major sponsor), and is soon heading to Munich, Frankfurt, Hannover, Düsseldorf, Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg, Cannes, Milan, Torino and Bologna, ending the showcase in Amsterdam on December 14. Then in January 2016, it will go on the road again to the same cities, plus select destinations in the UK, Ireland, Belgium and Spain.
We can’t imagine driving something that is 538 sq.ft., 52-ft long over the Alps or putting it on a ferry, but braver souls than us have surely figured out how to do it. Let us know in the comments if you see it during your travels!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.