Etihad’s Taking The Residence and 787 First Suite on the Road
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In a vehicle that puts the Pope Mobile and Obama’s Cadillac Beast to shame, Etihad has built a massive mobile exhibition vehicle that houses full-size mock-ups of The Residence and the First Apartment, both from the airline’s A380 fleet, and also the B787 First Suite. This comes off the popularity of the exhibition at this year’s Milan Expo, where visitors walked through a replica of The Residence.
Over the weekend, the airline launched its premium cabin tour at the Zurich Film Festival (Etihad is a major sponsor), and is soon heading to Munich, Frankfurt, Hannover, Düsseldorf, Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg, Cannes, Milan, Torino and Bologna, ending the showcase in Amsterdam on December 14. Then in January 2016, it will go on the road again to the same cities, plus select destinations in the UK, Ireland, Belgium and Spain.
We can’t imagine driving something that is 538 sq.ft., 52-ft long over the Alps or putting it on a ferry, but braver souls than us have surely figured out how to do it. Let us know in the comments if you see it during your travels!
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.