This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Chase Freedom card’s newest cash-back promotion is now available for enrollment. This quarter’s bonus will be applied to purchases made on Amazon, Zappos, Audible and Diapers.com. You won’t be able to start earning cash back just yet — that starts on October 1st, and you’ll have until December 31 to take advantage of the promotion. Once you activate your card through the Chase Freedom website and the earning period begins, you’ll earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases on these websites.
As a reminder, you can still receive 5% cash back at gas stations and at Kohl’s if you activated the previous quarter’s bonus. And if you don’t already have the card, now’s as good a time as any to sign up — Chase Freedom is currently offering a sign-up bonus of 10,000 points after you spend $500 in the first three months. You can redeem points for cash back (10,000 points = $100), or you can transfer them to Ultimate Rewards if you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred or Ink Plus. From there, you can transfer Ultimate Rewards points to travel partners like Southwest, Hyatt and United.
If you’re already a cardholder, you can register here to activate your spending bonus each quarter. If you activate your card for these categories prior to each quarterly deadline, Chase will retroactively credit you with bonus points on your category spending from earlier in the quarter, though there’s really no reason not to activate 5% cash back as soon as the registration period opens.
On your statement, the bonus earned prior to your activation date will be listed separately and itemized by category. If you have multiple Chase Freedom accounts, be sure to activate them all.
For TPG’s review of the Chase Freedom card, watch this video:
For more info on the Chase Freedom card, check out these posts:
- Why Chase Freedom Isn’t Just Another Cash Back Card
- Ways to Maximize Each Ultimate Rewards Partner
- Quarterly 5% Bonus Categories: Chase Freedom & Discover It
- Chase Freedom Ends 10% Annual Bonus & Other Changes
- How to Get 1.34 Cents Per Point for Travel with Chase Freedom
- Maximizing Credit Card Bonus Categories to Earn More Points
- Top Credit Card Offers with No Annual Fee
It's a stellar Cash Back card on its own, but when paired with the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Chase Sapphire Preferred, the Freedom's 5x Category Bonuses let you rack up Chase Ultimate Rewards Points, transferrable to partners or redeemable via the portal.
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
- Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - it's automatic
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 16.24-24.99%. Balance transfer fee is 5% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- No minimum to redeem for cash back
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- No annual fee