This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of our favorite transferrable points currencies is getting just a bit stronger: Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) is partnering up with Korean Air SkyPass, adding another SkyTeam transfer partner to the mix. With this new inclusion, SPG now has a total of 34 transfer partners.
Along with this new partnership, SPG and Korean Air are debuting a new promotion to help travelers take advantage of their new options. On the SPG side, new members who sign up for SPG and stay at a SPG hotel or resort in Asia Pacific will earn 1,000 bonus points per stay for up to two stays between August 12 – November 12, 2015.
Korean Air SkyPass members can get discounts at select SPG restaurants by showing their membership card, even when not a guest of the particular Starwood property. Current promotional hotels and restaurants include W Seoul Walkerhill, Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, Sheraton Incheon Hotel and Aloft Seoul Gangnam.
Starpoints will transfer to Korean Air SkyPass miles at a 1:1 ratio. As with all SPG transfers, members can transfer up to 79,999 Starpoints into SkyPass miles, and for every 20,000 Starpoints members transfer, they’ll a earn 5,000 bonus.
There is no minimum point transfer requirement for Platinum members, but Gold members have a minimum transfer of 1,500 Starpoints and regular members have a minimum point transfer of 2,500.
Existing SkyTeam transfer partners include Delta SkyMiles, Aeromexico Club Premier, Alitalia MilleMiglia, China Eastern and China Southern. Notably, while Delta SkyMiles doesn’t allow first-class award tickets — even on partner airlines — SkyPass does, adding to the value proposition of this new partnership.
If you don’t have any Starpoints, you can also transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points into Korean Air SkyPass at a 1:1 ratio. You can also earn 30,000 Starpoints after spending $3,000 within the first three months with the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card, and 30,000 Starpoints after spending $5,000 within the first three months with the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card.
H/T: TPG Reader Harry
- Earn a $100 statement credit after you make $1,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn an additional $100 statement credit after your first purchase on the Card at a participating SPG® or Marriott Rewards® hotel within your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- From now through July 31, 2018: Earn 2 Starpoints® for every dollar of eligible purchases on the Card at participating SPG® and Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other eligible purchases.
- On August 1, 2018, SPG will convert every one Starpoint in a loyalty member account to three points. In general, corresponding redemption changes will occur. Visit members.marriott.com for details.
- Effective August 1, 2018: Earn 6 points for every dollar of eligible purchases on the Card at participating SPG and Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 2 points for all other eligible purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Earn free nights at over 1,500 hotels and resorts in over 100 countries with no blackout dates. Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges.
- Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees