Amazing Deal Alert: New York to Tel Aviv for $590 on Delta
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel.
With the exception of cheap connecting fares on Aeroflot, Tel Aviv is not an inexpensive destination to get to. So this fare sale from Delta is a particularly excellent deal. You can fly nonstop from New York to Tel Aviv for just $590 round-trip, including taxes. Fares are available on select dates from October through February. Both Tel Aviv and Jerusalem (a short drive from the airport) are worth visiting during the winter months, with mild temperatures and fewer tourists.
Route(s): JFK to TLV
Cost: $590 round-trip in economy
Dates: October 2015 through February 2016
Elite Mileage Earning: At least 11,354 elite-qualifying miles
Fare Class: V
Booking Link: Orbitz
Pay With: American Express Premier Rewards Gold, Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire Preferred for general airfare bonuses; Gold Delta SkyMiles Amex, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Amex or Delta Reserve cards for Delta bonuses.
Here’s an example of what you can book:
New York (JFK) – Tel Aviv (TLV) for $590 round-trip on Delta (earns 11,354 MQMs):
Maximize Your Purchase
Remember, you can bank extra credit card points by using a card that maximizes airfare purchases, like 3x on airfare with the American Express Premier Rewards Gold and Citi Prestige (3x on airfare), or 2x on travel purchases the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. Because this is a Delta fare sale, though, if you have a co-branded Delta Amex such as the Gold Delta SkyMiles, Platinum Delta SkyMiles or Delta Reserve cards, you might want to consider using one of them instead to earn an additional 2x miles per $1 on your airfare. Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: The Flight Deal
Be sure to act fast if you’re interested — and if you get in on any of these deals, tell us about it in the comments below!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees