Amazing Deal Alert: New York to Tel Aviv for $590 on Delta
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel.
With the exception of cheap connecting fares on Aeroflot, Tel Aviv is not an inexpensive destination to get to. So this fare sale from Delta is a particularly excellent deal. You can fly nonstop from New York to Tel Aviv for just $590 round-trip, including taxes. Fares are available on select dates from October through February. Both Tel Aviv and Jerusalem (a short drive from the airport) are worth visiting during the winter months, with mild temperatures and fewer tourists.
Route(s): JFK to TLV
Cost: $590 round-trip in economy
Dates: October 2015 through February 2016
Elite Mileage Earning: At least 11,354 elite-qualifying miles
Fare Class: V
Booking Link: Orbitz
Pay With: American Express Premier Rewards Gold, Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire Preferred for general airfare bonuses; Gold Delta SkyMiles Amex, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Amex or Delta Reserve cards for Delta bonuses.
Here’s an example of what you can book:
New York (JFK) – Tel Aviv (TLV) for $590 round-trip on Delta (earns 11,354 MQMs):
Maximize Your Purchase
Remember, you can bank extra credit card points by using a card that maximizes airfare purchases, like 3x on airfare with the American Express Premier Rewards Gold and Citi Prestige (3x on airfare), or 2x on travel purchases the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. Because this is a Delta fare sale, though, if you have a co-branded Delta Amex such as the Gold Delta SkyMiles, Platinum Delta SkyMiles or Delta Reserve cards, you might want to consider using one of them instead to earn an additional 2x miles per $1 on your airfare. Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: The Flight Deal
Be sure to act fast if you’re interested — and if you get in on any of these deals, tell us about it in the comments below!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.