This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The JetBlue cards from Barclaycard are now available. Earn 30,000 points after $1,000 spent in the first 90 days with the JetBlue Plus Card ($99 annual fee) or 10,000 points after $1,000 spent on purchases in the fist 90 days with the JetBlue Card ($0 annual fee). Get more information here.
Airline status challenges can offer great shortcuts to earning elite benefits with a new airline, giving you the opportunity to enjoy premium service without the standard flight or revenue requirements.
JetBlue is now offering TrueBlue members (even brand new ones) a a status challenge to earn its Mosaic elite status more quickly. You can register for the Mosaic Challenge here by September 7, 2015, and you’ll have 90 days from the date of registration to earn 3,750 base TrueBlue points. Once you complete the challenge, your Mosaic status will be good through December 31, 2016.
Whereas many elite-status matches or challenges are targeted, this one seems to be open to all members of JetBlue’s frequent flyer program. It presents a good opportunity for flyers looking to test out status on a new airline, especially one that’s upping its game both with new potential international routes, as well as increased service on its domestic network and its new Mint lie-flat business class.
TrueBlue members earn 3 base points per $1 on airfare, so earning the 3,750 base points required to complete the challenge would mean spending $1,250 on JetBlue airfare (not including taxes or fees). Flights must be operated by the airline and purchased with a JetBlue flight number to qualify (partner flights and codeshares won’t count). No other bonus points count toward the challenge.
Spending $1,250 in 90 days might seem like a lot, but you could get most of the way there on a single round-trip in Mint business class, since those fares start at about $599 each way.
Mosaic status is usually earned by flying 30 segments and earning 12,000 base flight points, or earning 15,000 base flight points within a calendar year, so this status comes at a significant discount.
There’s also an added bonus to keep in mind: per the terms and conditions, upon successful completion of the challenge within the designated 90-day period, members will receive 15,000 bonus TrueBlue points deposited automatically into their account.
TrueBlue points are generally redeemable for airfare at about 1-1.7 cents each in value, so by spending $1,250 and getting the 3,750 base points plus 15,000 bonus points, you’re getting a return on spending of between about $188-$319.
TrueBlue Mosaic status comes with the following perks:
- Waived change and cancellation fees for the member and any traveler on the same reservation.
- First and second checked bag free for Mosaic members and any traveler on their reservation regardless of which fare option is chosen.
- Redeem points for Even More Space seats.
- Access Even More Speed security checkpoints at designated airports.
- Board early to get first access to overhead bins.
- Earn three additional TrueBlue points per dollar spent.
- Use a dedicated customer service line.
While not as developed as elite status tiers with other airlines, JetBlue’s Mosaic status nonetheless confers some great value-added benefits on members, especially if you maximize perks like free checked bags, waived change/cancellation fees and Even More Space seating. If you’ve been thinking about trying out JetBlue and are curious about Mosaic status, this might be your best shot at earning it quickly and enjoying it through 2016 at a fraction of the normal flying and spending requirements.
For more information on status matches and challenges and why you might want to complete one, check out these posts:
- How to Complete an Airline Elite Status Match or Challenge
- Airline Elite Status Match and Challenge Options for 2015
- How I Used a Status Match to Upgrade my Friends to Hawaii
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.