This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card
With the final weeks of summer underway, Hilton is running a flash sale on US properties for the next 72 hours. If you book a trip between today (August 10, 2015) and Wednesday (August 12, 2015) at midnight ET, you’ll be able to save 15 percent off the best price on stays between Thursday and Sunday at participating Hilton properties in the US.
Note that in some cases these flash sale rates match what you’ll pay when booking as a AAA member.
These special rates include Hilton’s higher-end chains like the Waldorf Astoria and Conrad hotels, as well as hotels from lower categories. Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature cardholders can also use their card to earn 6 HHonors points per dollar on the stay — and, for a limited time, you can earn 75,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months with this card.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Waldorf Astoria in New York City for $262:
The Waldorf Astoria is one of the most iconic hotels in New York City. As a category 9 Hilton property, this hotel will cost 70,000 points for a free night. TPG values Hilton points at 0.5 cents each, so you’ll be getting the best deal by booking the paid rate as part of this flash sale.
The discounted rate applies to standard guest rooms (above) as well as suites.
Waldorf Astoria Park City for $220:
The Waldorf Astoria in Park City is also a Category 9 property, running 50,000 points for a room off-season.
While Park City is known by most to be a destination for skiing and film in the winter, there’s plenty to do in the warmer months in Utah. Just a few activities to keep you busy are golf, mountain biking, fishing or just sitting by the pool.
Conrad Chicago for $203:
The Conrad Chicago is listed a Category 8 hotel, and costs 50,000 points per night. With the flash-sale (and AAA) rate at $203, you’ll get a better deal by paying for your stay.
The hotel is located near the Magnificent Mile, and popular attractions like Millennium Park and the Museum of Contemporary Art. Note that the Conrad Chicago is leaving the Hilton portfolio at the end of August, so this is your last chance to stay at this property and earn HHonors points.
Conrad New York for $220:
The Conrad New York is a Category 9 Hotel, and a free night will require 70,000 points. At just $220 as part of this flash sale, you’ll get a much better deal by paying cash.
The Conrad New York is located in Lower Manhattan near popular shopping areas and tourist attractions.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees