This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card
With the final weeks of summer underway, Hilton is running a flash sale on US properties for the next 72 hours. If you book a trip between today (August 10, 2015) and Wednesday (August 12, 2015) at midnight ET, you’ll be able to save 15 percent off the best price on stays between Thursday and Sunday at participating Hilton properties in the US.
Note that in some cases these flash sale rates match what you’ll pay when booking as a AAA member.
These special rates include Hilton’s higher-end chains like the Waldorf Astoria and Conrad hotels, as well as hotels from lower categories. Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature cardholders can also use their card to earn 6 HHonors points per dollar on the stay — and, for a limited time, you can earn 75,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months with this card.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Waldorf Astoria in New York City for $262:
The Waldorf Astoria is one of the most iconic hotels in New York City. As a category 9 Hilton property, this hotel will cost 70,000 points for a free night. TPG values Hilton points at 0.5 cents each, so you’ll be getting the best deal by booking the paid rate as part of this flash sale.
The discounted rate applies to standard guest rooms (above) as well as suites.
Waldorf Astoria Park City for $220:
The Waldorf Astoria in Park City is also a Category 9 property, running 50,000 points for a room off-season.
While Park City is known by most to be a destination for skiing and film in the winter, there’s plenty to do in the warmer months in Utah. Just a few activities to keep you busy are golf, mountain biking, fishing or just sitting by the pool.
Conrad Chicago for $203:
The Conrad Chicago is listed a Category 8 hotel, and costs 50,000 points per night. With the flash-sale (and AAA) rate at $203, you’ll get a better deal by paying for your stay.
The hotel is located near the Magnificent Mile, and popular attractions like Millennium Park and the Museum of Contemporary Art. Note that the Conrad Chicago is leaving the Hilton portfolio at the end of August, so this is your last chance to stay at this property and earn HHonors points.
Conrad New York for $220:
The Conrad New York is a Category 9 Hotel, and a free night will require 70,000 points. At just $220 as part of this flash sale, you’ll get a much better deal by paying cash.
The Conrad New York is located in Lower Manhattan near popular shopping areas and tourist attractions.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.