Can I Earn Hotel Points at the Bellagio in Las Vegas?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
TPG reader @Spirith20 tweeted me a question about earning points in Vegas:
@ThePointsGuy — “I’ll be staying at the Bellagio soon. Any suggestions for how to earn points on the stay with a hotel partner?”
Back in the day it was hard to earn hotel points in Vegas, and most people didn’t even consider that an option. But now it’s much, much easier, and there are plenty of opportunities to earn (and redeem) points for your stay.
The Bellagio is one of the M life resorts, along with a number of other properties on the Vegas strip and elsewhere, such as Aria, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and others. M life began partnering with Hyatt a few years ago, so Gold Passport members can earn and redeem points at select properties, and even enjoy reciprocal benefits.
If you booked your stay directly through M life or Hyatt (and not through an online travel agency), you can earn five Hyatt Gold Passport points per dollar for your stay. I list Hyatt points at 1.8 cents apiece in my latest valuations, so that’s a return of 9% even before you factor in whatever credit card rewards you earn. Note that you must be an M life member and Hyatt Gold Passport member (with linked accounts) to earn Hyatt points at M life resorts.
If you’re staying on an ineligible rate, you can still charge eligible dining, entertainment and spa services to your room and earn Hyatt Gold Passport points for those charges. However, only charges billed to your hotel room will qualify. Remember to notify the front desk agent that you would like to earn Hyatt Gold Passport points, and to add your M life and Hyatt Gold Passport member numbers to your reservation.
As for other points-friendly hotels in Vegas, Starwood and Caesar’s Entertainment announced a partnership in 2013 that provides similar benefits for both SPG and Caesar’s Total Rewards members. Caesar’s operates a number of properties in Las Vegas, including Caesar’s Palace, Nobu, Bally’s and The Cromwell. SPG Platinum elites get a number of VIP benefits such as priority check-in and preferred entry to select restaurants.
Inexpensive rooms usually aren’t hard to find in Vegas, especially on weeknights. So while I don’t recommend using your points in Sin City, it’s great that you can now earn some valuable rewards for your stays.
Remember to link your Hyatt and M life accounts, and good luck in Vegas!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.