This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Capital One Quicksilver Card, Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
Starting today Uber is offering perhaps its most delicious promotion yet: Uber will serve ice cream on-demand to its customers in more than 100 cities, and for all you Capital One cardholders good news — your ice cream is free.Details:
1. Open the Uber app between 11am and 5pm ET on Friday, July 24.
2. Select your eligible Capital One card as the payment method and enter promo code SWEETDEAL in the promo section.
3. Set your location and request ICE CREAM. If connected, you’ll enjoy local favorites for FREE at the tap of a button.
As a reminder, this promotion is part of an even larger partnership with Uber. The Capital One Quicksilver and Capital One QuicksilverOne cash rewards credit cards will offer cardholders 20% off Uber rides from now until April 30, 2016.
Capital One’s Venture Rewards Credit Card also earns customers 2x miles for every dollar spent with the option to redeem those rewards for hotel stays, flights, cruises, car rentals and more.
Be sure to check out Maximizing Uber for Both Occasional and Frequent Riders to see more picks for credit cards to use with Uber (such as Amex EveryDay® Preferred and Chase Sapphire Preferred) … for days when free ice cream isn’t involved!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards