This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card, Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
Starting today Uber is offering perhaps its most delicious promotion yet: Uber will serve ice cream on-demand to its customers in more than 100 cities, and for all you Capital One cardholders good news — your ice cream is free.Details:
1. Open the Uber app between 11am and 5pm ET on Friday, July 24.
2. Select your eligible Capital One card as the payment method and enter promo code SWEETDEAL in the promo section.
3. Set your location and request ICE CREAM. If connected, you’ll enjoy local favorites for FREE at the tap of a button.
As a reminder, this promotion is part of an even larger partnership with Uber. The Capital One Quicksilver and Capital One QuicksilverOne cash rewards credit cards will offer cardholders 20% off Uber rides from now until April 30, 2016.
Capital One’s Venture Card also earns customers 2x miles for every dollar spent with the option to redeem those rewards for hotel stays, flights, cruises, car rentals and more.
Be sure to check out Maximizing Uber for Both Occasional and Frequent Riders to see more picks for credit cards to use with Uber (such as Amex EveryDay Preferred and Chase Sapphire Preferred) … for days when free ice cream isn’t involved!
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees