IHG Releases PointBreaks List for July 27-October 31
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
IHG just released its latest list of PointBreaks hotels for July 27 – October 31, 2015 — and all included properties are bookable starting today, July 27.
PointBreaks are reduced award redemptions at IHG hotels (Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, etc.) that require just 5,000 Rewards Club points for a free night, and change every few months. While many of the participating properties are in fairly mundane destinations, there are always a few worth checking out, and others that can be useful depending on your travel plans.
Depending on where you redeem them, 5,000 points per night can be an exceptional value, especially for Intercontinental properties (which normally require between 30,000 and 50,000 points per night) and Crowne Plazas (which usually require 20,000-50,000 points, depending on the category). Like most times, the US locations on this list are pretty lackluster, but there are some intriguing international PointBreaks properties being offered.
InterContinental Mendoza Hotel, Argentina: Located in the heart of the Argentina wine country, this property features 204 guest rooms and suites, an indoor lap pool and a luxury spa. Rooms here normally go for 25,000 points per night or start at around $110 per night.
Holiday Inn Zilina, Slovakia: Located in the heart of the old town, this property offers 133 modern guest rooms and was recently renovated last year. There is also an indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam baths, and a fitness center. Rooms here normally go for 15,000 points per night, or start at around €80 ($90) per night.
Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport, College Park, GA: If need to book a hotel for an overnight around the Atlanta Airport, you can’t beat the Hotel Indigo in the College Park neighborhood for 5,000 points per night. Rooms here normally go for 20,000 points per night, or start at around $120 per night.
Maximize Your Booking
Check out the full list to see what other properties are available.
If you need IHG Rewards points quickly in order to book PointBreaks award nights, IHG is a 1:1 transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards, so you can transfer points from cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred or Ink Plus to top up your account. Chase is also currently offering 60,000 bonus points when you sign up for the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card and spend $1,000 in the first three months.
As a reminder, IHG recently added a new rule that IHG Rewards Club members may only book two PointBreaks reservations at each hotel offered in a given period. However, there is no limit to how many nights can be booked at the discounted rate for each of those two reservations. That said, award space is limited at IHG hotels, and the best PointBreaks properties tend to go quickly.
Are you planning on booking any of these hotels for 5,000 points? Please share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees