Exciting New Airline Routes for July 2015 and Beyond
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The TPG team shares news of exciting new airline routes each month, including ones that have just launched, will soon launch, or are slated to launch in the future. Read on to see several new routes to look out for this month through the middle of next year.
NEW ROUTES LAUNCHED IN JULY 2015
New York (JFK) – Havana (HAV) on JetBlue (launched July 3, 2015)
Details — JetBlue launched a charter flight earlier this month to Havana, Cuba following the White House’s decision to ease travel restrictions. This new route is one of the best ways for Americans to get to the island, especially from the Northeast. JetBlue will be flying a 150-seat Airbus A320 aircraft to Havana, and will operate the flight each Friday. This new route joins other charter flights from Fort Lauderdale and Tampa to Cuba.
- B68801 JFK 12 pm Departure ⇒ Havana 3:45 pm Arrival
- B68802 Havana 4:45 pm Departure ⇒ JFK 8:15 pm Arrival
Dubai (DXB) – Seattle (SEA) on Emirates (launched July 7, 2015)
Details — Emirates launched a second daily flight between Seattle and Dubai this month. The flight operates on the Boeing 777-200LR, which seats 266 passengers (8 first class, 42 business class and 216 economy seats). Emirates also operates flights from Los Angeles and San Francisco for passengers departing from the West Coast.
- EK228 Seattle 9:40 am Departure ⇒ Dubai 10:55 am (+1) Arrival
- EK230 Seattle 5:40 pm Departure ⇒ Dubai 6:55 pm (+1) Arrival
- EK229 Dubai 9:35 am Departure ⇒ Seattle 12:55 pm Arrival
- EK227 Dubai 3:15 am Departure ⇒ Seattle 6:55 am Arrival
Los Angeles (LAX) – Shanghai (PVG) on Delta (launched July 9, 2015)
Details — Delta joined American and United with its new Los Angeles – Shanghai route in early July. The flight operates daily on Delta’s Boeing 777-200LR aircraft with 291 seats (37 in business class, 36 in economy plus and 218 in economy class). The service will be daily and nonstop in both directions.
- DL56 Los Angeles 1:15 pm Departure ⇒ Shanghai 6:15 pm (+1) Arrival
- DL57 Shanghai 8:55 pm Departure ⇒ Los Angeles 6:15 pm Arrival
Miami (MIA) – Cordoba, Argentina (COR) on Aerolíneas Airlines (launching July, 2015)
Details — This new flight eliminates the need for a Buenos Aires connection for passengers traveling to Cordoba and Mendoza in Argentina. The flight will operate twice weekly (on Saturdays and Sundays) using the Airbus A340-300 with 280 seats (32 business and 248 economy class).
- AR1307 Miami 6:40 pm Departure ⇒ Cordoba, Argentina 4:30 am (+1) Arrival
- AR1306 Cordoba, Argentina 11:05 am Departure ⇒ Miami 7:05 pm Arrival
- AR1307 Miami 6:40 pm Departure ⇒ Cordoba, Argentina (COR) 4:30 am (+1) Arrival
- AR1306 Cordoba, Argentina (COR) 11:05 am Departure ⇒ Miami 7:05 pm Arrival
RyanAir service to Israel (launching November 5, 2015)
Details — RyanAir will be launching new routes from Budapest, Hungary; Kaunus, Lithuania; and Krakow, Poland to Eilat/Ovda, Israel starting at €29.99 ($32). Each flight will run twice per week.
Montreal (YUL) – Lyon (LYS) on Air Canada (launching June 16, 2016)
Details — Air Canada announced it would be launching flights five times per week between Montreal and Lyon on its A330-300 aircraft. Air Canada already offers a few other nonstop flights between French cities and Quebec, but this will be the first to Lyon.
- AC828 Montreal 21:10 pm Departure ⇒ Lyon 10:20 am (+1) Arrival
- AC829 Lyon 12:00 am Departure ⇒ Montreal 14:00 pm Arrival
Newark (EWR) – Beijing (PEK) on Air China (launching October 26, 2015)
Details — Starting in October, Air China will be flying its Boeing 777-300ER between Newark and Beijing. The service will operate four times per week. Air China already operates a direct flight between JFK and Beijing, and United operates a direct flight between Newark and Beijing as well.
American Airlines to Caribbean (launching Winter 2015)
Details — American Airlines will be expanding its presence in the Caribbean later this year, with a bunch of new routes to various destinations. Flights will begin operating in December of this year along the following routes:
- Charlotte (CLT) – Curacao (CUR)
- Charlotte (CLT)– Puerto Plata (POP)
- Chicago (ORD) – Punta Cana (PUJ)
- Dallas (DFW) – Punta Cana (PUJ)
- Los Angeles (LAX) – Montego Bay (MBJ)
Boston (BOS) – London-Gatwick (LGW) on Norwegian Air (Launching May 2016)
Details — Budget-airline Norwegian will be expanding its operations in the US by adding new routes from Boston to London next year. This route will be the only direct service to Gatwick from Boston, and will occur four times per week.
Which new airline routes are you most excited about?