This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s déjà vu all over again. Remember last year’s Hyatt Diamond Challenge? TPG team member Ryan Gaines completed the challenge, right before Hyatt realized it was giving away the store and put a stop to it. Then Hyatt announced a new Diamond Elite Tier offer, which was a bit more reasonable but still one of the most generous in the game.
As you may remember — because it wasn’t even that long ago — Hyatt’s new challenge is as follows: To earn Platinum status, you’ll need to stay 6 nights within 60 days, whereas to earn Diamond status, you’ll need to complete 12 nights within 60 days, but unlike in the past, you’ll only be awarded Diamond status after you successfully complete the trial. And you had until April 30, 2016 to do so.
But now, Hyatt is putting a VERY sudden stop to this latest challenge. In fact, it is being discontinued as of tomorrow, July 31. Although if you do sign up now, you can still do the challenge and grab your shiny new status.
We are in the process of upgrading our loyalty management system. Because of this, we are ending registration for the Elite Tier Offer on July 31, 2015. Members can still register for the Elite Tier Offer by July 31, 2015 and will have 60 days to complete stays by September 30, 2015.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards