This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
*Update: Hotels in Vancouver appear to be full, so continue to check back if you still need a place to stay*
After a great win against Germany, the women’s USA soccer team has made it into FIFA Women’s World Cup Final. Don’t miss your chance to watch as USA fights for the title as 2015 Women’s World Cup champions this Sunday in Vancouver.
Although it’s last-minute, I was able to find a number of flights going to Vancouver through Alaska or Delta Air Lines. Here are some examples of some last-minute flights I found using miles:
Chicago (MDW) to Vancouver (YVR) on Delta for 20,000 miles one-way:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Vancouver (YVR) on Delta for 32,500 miles one-way:
New York (JFK) to Vancouver (YVR) on Delta for 32,500 miles one-way:
Chicago (ORD) to Vancouver (YVR) on Alaska for 20,000 miles one-way:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Vancouver (YVR) on Alaska for 20,000 miles one-way:
You may be able to still book last-minute tickets through Ticketmaster or through re-sellers at a premium.
When it comes to hotels, many are full, however there are still a few available on Hotels.com. For instance, you can still book a two-night stay at a hotel in Gibson, BC for $86 per night, but note it’s not located in the city so would be a bit of a drive.
If you’re planning to attend the World Cup Finals, feel free to share your plans by commenting below!
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards