This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In celebration of Singapore’s 50th anniversary, Emirates is offering fantastic fares from 10 US gateways for travel through the end of the year. Officially, fares are priced $1,749 for two economy class tickets and $7,999 for two in business class (tickets must be purchased in pairs), but we found some cheaper options while searching. Travelers can also take advantage of a buy two, get one free night deal at participating hotels.
To take advantage of the deals, input the promo code “USSIN15” when searching for a flight on Emirates website. Flights must be purchased by midnight ET on August 10, 2015.
Route(s): DFW, JFK, LAX to SIN
Booking Link: Orbitz
We’ve compiled some sample dates for you below.
Dallas (DFW)-Singapore (SIN) for $841 per person on Emirates (earns 5,250 miles + 5,250 tier miles):
New York (JFK)-Singapore (SIN) for $873 per person on Emirates (earns 4,750 miles + 4,750 tier miles):
Los Angeles (LAX)-Singapore (SIN) for $3,998 per person in business class (earns 21,000 miles + 21,000 tier miles):
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For more on Singapore, check out our Destination of the Week post.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees