Top Credit Card Offers and Deals Ending Soon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card
As July comes to a close, many bonuses and promotions are also ending. Here’s a round-up of the current offers that will soon be gone:
As a reminder, FoundersCard currently has an exclusive status challenge with American Airlines, putting cardholders on the fast track to earning AAdvantage Platinum status. To complete the challenge, members will need to earn 10,000 elite-qualifying points during a three-month trial period beginning in August — unlike the public Platinum challenge, you don’t have to pay to enroll, and you’ll receive temporary status right away. Those who meet the requirements will earn status not only for the remainder of this year, but also for 2016 in its entirety. AAdvantage Platinum normally requires 50,000 elite-qualifying points or miles, or 60 segments in a calendar year, so this is a massive shortcut. You must enroll in the challenge by 11:59pm CT on July 31, 2015 to participate.
In conjunction with the status challenge offer, FoundersCard is offering TPG readers a discounted $395 annual membership fee and waiving the $95 membership initiation fee — use code FCPOINTSVIP at signup.
As a reminder, now through August 6, 2015, Delta is running a limited-time award travel sale, offering discounted SkyMiles redemptions starting at just 5,000 SkyMiles each way for select routes within the United States. This sale is valid for travel for select dates between August 6 and December 16, 2015.
Now through August 12, United MileagePlus Shopping is running a back-to-school promotion that will hopefully set a new standard for limited-time offers, raising the earning rates at several merchants and offering a one-time bonus of up to 4,000 miles.
Here’s a break-down of bonus structure:
- Tier 1 — Spend $125, earn 500 bonus award miles
- Tier 2 — Spend $600, earn 1,750 bonus award miles
- Tier 3 — Spend $1,500, earn 4,000 bonus award miles
These bonuses are in addition to the miles you would normally earn on your purchases. However, you’ll only earn one bonus for the entire promotion. In other words, you don’t get 500 miles after hitting $125 and an additional 1,750 bonus miles after hitting $600.
75,000-Point Sign-up Bonus for Citi Hilton Visa Signature
The Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card is a great everyday credit card for those wanting to earn Hilton HHonors points, and the current sign-up bonus can give your account a serious boost. The card’s current increased sign-up offer is now 75,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points after making $2,000 in purchases within the first three months, with no annual fee.
This card also provides complimentary Hilton Silver status for as long as you are a cardmember, with the opportunity to earn Hilton Gold status. This offer is expected to end soon, so if you’re interested in applying, be sure to act fast.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.