This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel.
Virgin America is offering a ton of cheap deals around the US today, with one-way flights starting at $38. The deals are only available until 5pm PT today, and are available for travel dates between September 9, 2015 and February 10, 2016. It’s been a while since Virgin has offered deals like this, so it’s a good opportunity for transcontinental flyers.
Some of the best fares we found include Las Vegas (LAS) to Los Angeles (LAX) and Austin (AUS) to Dallas (DAL) at $38 each. There also some cheap transcontinental flights like New York (JFK) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $148; New York (JFK) to San Francisco (SFO) and Los Angeles (LAX) for $158; and Washington DC (IAD) to San Francisco (SFO) and Los Angeles (LAX) for $158. In addition to these routes, there are a ton of other options from cities around the US.
Here are some of the fares we found:
Las Vegas (LAS) – Los Angeles (LAX) for $74 round-trip on Virgin America:
Austin (AUS) – Dallas (DAL) for $74 round-trip on Virgin America:
New York (JFK) – Las Vegas (LAS) for $294 round-trip on Virgin America:
New York (JFK) – Los Angeles (LAX) for $314 round-trip on Virgin America:
Washington (IAD) – San Francisco (SFO) for $314 round-trip on Virgin America:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards