This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin America just announced a partnership with live-event ticket marketplace ScoreBig. By doing so, the airline is following in the footsteps of many rewards programs that have begun focusing on experiences and entertainment, including Brian’s favorite, SPG Moments.
This new partnership allows Virgin America’s Elevate frequent flyer program members to earn up to 10 points per $1 on entertainment tickets booked through ScoreBig. For now, members will also earn a 500-point bonus for their first transaction on ScoreBig.
Virgin America certainly attempts to present a hip and vibrant image, from mood lighting in the sky to its safety danc – err, videos, so it’s not surprising that they would offer flyers a way to tie that in with entertainment on the ground.
It remains to be seen exactly how many points members will earn, beyond the cryptic “up to” 10 points/$1. Still, it’s a good option for earning extra points if you’re already an Elevate member and have any concerts or sporting events in your future. Points earned through this program are in addition to any you might earn from your credit card. For example, the Citi Prestige Card, Citi ThankYou Premier Card and Citi ThankYou Preferred Card all offer double points on entertainment purchases, so if you pair one of those cards with ScoreBig, you can potentially earn a great return on live-event tickets.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards