Should I Upgrade to Delta Comfort+ Between NYC & Chicago?
TPG reader Craig tweeted me to ask a question about Delta Comfort+:
@thepointsguy – "Is it worth the $29 to upgrade from Economy to Delta Comfort+ from NYC to Chicago?"
If you're trying to save money, then no. It's a short flight, so if you aren't very tall, just bring your own entertainment and don't bother with the upgrade.
However, if you are tall, consider that even though the flight is only 90 minutes, there could be delays, and you could be stuck in that seat for many hours (especially if you're flying to Chicago in the winter). In that case, $29 could be worth it.
Delta Comfort+ includes the following perks:
- Sky Priority boarding
- Dedicated overhead bin space
- Extra legroom
- Superior snacks
- Free drinks – beer, wine and spirits
- Complimentary premium entertainment
- Seating toward the front of the cabin
How to get it:
- Diamond and Platinum Medallion members can choose Comfort+ seats for free.
- Gold Medallion members can get Comfort+ for free 72 hours before departure.
- Silver Medallion members can get Comfort+ for free 24 hours before departure.
- Passengers in Y or B boarding class get Comfort+ for free.
In general, I think $29 isn't a bad price for what you get, so I'd say go for it, especially if you're tall.
If you have any other questions, please tweet me @thepointsguy, message me on Facebook or send me an email at email@example.com.