Last Chance for United MileagePlus Explorer 50,000-Mile Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – United MileagePlus Explorer Card
As a reminder, there is only one day left to take advantage of the increased 50,000-point sign-up bonus on the United MileagePlus Explorer Card, which you can earn after spending $3,000 within the first three months of account opening. The card offers a waived annual fee the first year (then $95), plus two one-time passes for the United Club each year.
With the MileagePlus Explorer card, you’ll earn 2x MileagePlus miles per $1 spent on United purchases, as well as 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases. Apart from the sign-up bonus of 50,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 within the first three months, this card offers no foreign transaction fees, making it a decent option for traveling abroad.
You’ll get a number of perks that can improve your travel experience, like priority boarding (for you and companions traveling on the same reservation), a free first checked bag on United operated flights (for you and one companion on the same reservation when you use your Explorer card to purchase tickets), and two United Club passes annually.
In our most recent monthly valuations, TPG lists United miles at 1.5 cents apiece, so the sign-up bonus is valued at $750. If you check a bag on just four one-way United flights each year, the free checked bag benefit will save you $100, and TPG values the two club passes at about $25 each. All told, you should reasonably get at least $900 in value from this card in the first year, if not more.
Check out these posts for more details on the MileagePlus program in general:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees