Last Chance for United MileagePlus Explorer 50,000-Mile Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – United MileagePlus Explorer Card
As a reminder, there is only one day left to take advantage of the increased 50,000-point sign-up bonus on the United MileagePlus Explorer Card, which you can earn after spending $3,000 within the first three months of account opening. The card offers a waived annual fee the first year (then $95), plus two one-time passes for the United Club each year.
With the MileagePlus Explorer card, you’ll earn 2x MileagePlus miles per $1 spent on United purchases, as well as 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases. Apart from the sign-up bonus of 50,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 within the first three months, this card offers no foreign transaction fees, making it a decent option for traveling abroad.
You’ll get a number of perks that can improve your travel experience, like priority boarding (for you and companions traveling on the same reservation), a free first checked bag on United operated flights (for you and one companion on the same reservation when you use your Explorer card to purchase tickets), and two United Club passes annually.
In our most recent monthly valuations, TPG lists United miles at 1.5 cents apiece, so the sign-up bonus is valued at $750. If you check a bag on just four one-way United flights each year, the free checked bag benefit will save you $100, and TPG values the two club passes at about $25 each. All told, you should reasonably get at least $900 in value from this card in the first year, if not more.
Check out these posts for more details on the MileagePlus program in general:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.