This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card
Back in April, the Citi Hilton Reserve sweetened its sign-up bonus offer to include not only the usual two free weekend nights when you meet the minimum spending requirement of $2,500 in the first four months, but also a $100 statement credit after spending $100 or more on your first Hilton stay paid for with your new card within three months of account opening.
The offer is only around for a limited time, and it looks like it will end on Monday, June 8. So if you’ve been thinking about getting this card, or waiting to see how long the offer would last, now is the time to apply.
Card Details for the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card:
- Limited Time: Earn a $100 statement credit after spending $100 or more on your first hotel stay in the Hilton Portfolio within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 2 weekend night certificates good at select hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio after you make $2,500 in purchases within 4 months of account opening
- Earn 10 HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on hotel stays within the Hilton Portfolio
- Earn 5 HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on airline and car rental purchases
- Earn 3 HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on all other eligible purchases
- Enjoy the benefits of HHonors Gold status as long as you are a cardmember
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Travel with ease and enjoy global acceptance with your Citi chip credit card
- $95 annual fee
Other key benefits to note:
Hilton Diamond status with $40,000 in spend per year
Visa Signature perks (like luxury hotel program and travel protection)
Free anniversary weekend night after $10,000 in purchases
To put the card’s benefits in perspective, each of those free weekend nights can be worth up to 95,000 HHonors points each, depending where you redeem them. For instance, I used mine to book a villa at the Conrad Maldives, where rates were over $1,200 per night.
Plus, you get another free weekend night certificate every year you spend $10,000 on the card (the equivalent of another 95,000-point parcel). Considering you have to spend $2,500 to earn the sign-up bonus, that’s just a matter of spending an additional $7,500 on your card in a year for a total potential of three free weekend nights!
That, in addition to the other perks this card carries like automatic Gold status, the ability to spend your way to Diamond status, waived foreign-transaction fees and Visa Signature benefits make this card one of my consistent top travel credit card choices.
If you do apply, just note that the card carries a $95 annual fee, which is not waived the first year. However, if you have a Hilton stay coming up where you can maximize that $100 statement credit that comes as part of this offer, you are getting more value back than the annual fee, making this a no-brainer in my book.
Check out these other posts on how to maximize this offer and the Hilton HHonors program:
- Redeeming One Year of Points from the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve
- 10 Spots to Use the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $100 Statement Credit
- 4 Ways to Use the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $100 Statement Credit
- Maximizing Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Free Nights
- Maximizing Citi Hilton Reserve Free Nights
- 8 Hilton Properties that Make for Awesome Award Redemptions
- Hilton Latest Hotel Chain to Offer Free WiFi
- Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Diamond Status Spending Bonus
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards