4k Free Copa Miles, AirAsia Hilton Bonus, Rocketmiles Bonus

Jun 13, 2015

This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.

Here’s a roundup of the week’s points, miles and travel industry news you may have missed:

Alitalia's new logo on their plane which offers WiFi
Alitalia is updating its planes and service with additions such as Wi-Fi on long-haul flights.

Alitalia Launches Redesign

Alitalia is rolling out some new branding, including a new logo, Wi-Fi on long-haul flights and entirely renovated planes. The updated aircraft include a redesigned business class featuring lie-flat seats with exclusive leather covers designed by Poltrona Frau, as well as Frette blankets and pillows. There will also be a new “Dine Anytime” option, which will allow passengers to have total freedom to decide when they eat their meals. These are the first of more changes to come, as Alitalia is also planning improved greetings at airports, new lounges and new uniforms for staff.

Get a discount on purchased United miles
Get a discount on purchased United miles.

United Extends Buy Miles Offer

You now have until June 15, 2015 to buy United MileagePlus miles at a discount of up to 30% depending on how many you buy. Miles are available in increments of 1,000 up to a maximum of 100,000 miles, and in increments of 5,000 up to a maximum of 150,000 miles. Purchased miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier status. Make sure to log into your account, because there are some targeted offers that may give you an even higher bonus amount.

Earn bonus Amtrak Guest Reward points with Rocketmiles bookings
Earn bonus Amtrak Guest Reward points with Rocketmiles bookings.

Earn 3,000 Bonus Miles for Amtrak Bookings on Rocketmiles

Rocketmiles has partnered with Amtrak to offer new customers bonus points after their first booking. You can earn not only 1,000-5,000 Amtrak Guest Reward points per night, but also a 3,000-point bonus after you book a hotel on Rocketmiles. You must book via the Rocketmiles app using the promo code AMTRAK by 11:59pm CT on August 31, 2015. Again, this promo is only available for new Rocketmiles customers.

Get 4x AirAsia Big points for Hilton HHonors stays.
Get 4x AirAsia Big points for Hilton HHonors stays.

Up to 4x AirAsia Big Points for Hilton Summer Stays

You can earn quadruple AirAsia Big Points for stays at participating Hilton properties in Southeast Asia and India between June 1 and August 31, 2015, or earn triple Big Points everywhere elseTo earn the extra points, you must be a member of both Hilton HHonors and AirAsia BIG. You can register for this promotion here, and make sure to select AirAsia BIG as your preferred Double Dip partner.

Buy Alitalia miles with a bonus. Photo courtesy of Shutterstock.

50% Bonus for Buying Alitalia Millemiglia Miles

You can earn a bonus of up to 50% when buying or gifting Millemiglia miles before July 20, 2015. The bonus amounts are as follows:

  • From 1,000 to 10,000 Miles = 20% miles bonus
  • From 11,000 to 20,000 Miles = 30% miles bonus
  • From 21,000 to 30,000 Miles = 40% miles bonus
  • From 31,000 to 40,000 Miles = 50% miles bonus

Alitalia has also increased the annual limit of purchased miles from the standard 40,000 to 60,000 (until July 20). Keep in mind when buying that no more than 75% of an award may be paid for with purchased miles. The remaining 25% must have been earned from flying, staying in hotels and other activities .

Earn 4,000 Copa ConnectMiles by just signing up
Earn 4,000 Copa ConnectMiles by just signing up.

Earn 4,000 Copa Airlines Miles (Star Alliance Partner)

Copa recently sent an email out offering new members 2,000 miles for joining the Copa Airlines ConnectMiles program by June 30, 2015. You earn 1,000 miles immediately for joining and another 1,000 miles will be credited to your account 4-6 weeks after the ConnectMiles program launches in July, 2015. Finally, you can also earn 2,000 more miles by completing your online profile once you’ve joined.

Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.

Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.