Deal Alert: AA and United to Cabo San Lucas from $284
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel.
Last month we found a deal for $276 to Cabo, and while that super-cheap fare is no longer available, there are still opportunities to take advantage of discounted flights to SJD. United has deals as low as $284 to Cabo from a variety of cities across the country. The best fares appear to be from Boston (BOS) and Baltimore (BWI) to Los Cabos International (SJD), with fares priced at $284 and $285, respectively, with a connection in Houston in each direction. You can also take a nonstop United flight from Denver (DEN) to Los Cabos for $325 on United.
American Airlines is also offering a deal, with a flight from Austin (AUS) to Los Cabos International (SJD) including a connection in Dallas (DFW) at $285. Deals may be available from a number of different airports, as well, so always check your local airport before booking.
Baltimore (BWI) to Los Cabos (SJD) for $285 on United (4,484 PQMs):
Boston (BOS) to Los Cabos (SJD) for $284 on United (5,208 PQMs):
Denver (DEN) to Los Cabos (SJD) for $326 on United (2,390 PQMs):
Austin (AUS) to Los Cabos (SJD) for $285 on American Airlines (2,408 EQMs):
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
H/T: JT’s Flight Deals
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.