This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A few days ago we wrote about Norwegian offering extremely cheap fares from the West Coast to Europe, and it appears that now there are more great deals to be had, this time from the East Coast. As these flights are operated by Norwegian, passengers are occasionally hit with significant delays, and you’ll pay quite a bit extra for baggage. Not to mention that Norwegian fares don’t earn miles that you can redeem for premium travel on other airlines, so keep these things in mind before booking.
Here are a few flights we found, which you can book directly through Norwegian.
New York (JFK)-Oslo (OSL) for $305 on Norwegian:
New York (JFK)-Copenhagen (CPH) for $358 on Norwegian:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For more information, check out our Destination of the Week: Copenhagen.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below.
Hat Tip: MileValue
The Points Guy Assessment:
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great pick for the beginner and the frequent traveler. The CSP has superb travel benefits, double points on certain purchases, and a 50,000 point sign up bonus. The $95 annual fee is waived the first year so this puts it as one of the less expensive cards, while still allowing you to earn one of the most valuable point currencies.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards