This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A few days ago we wrote about Norwegian offering extremely cheap fares from the West Coast to Europe, and it appears that now there are more great deals to be had, this time from the East Coast. As these flights are operated by Norwegian, passengers are occasionally hit with significant delays, and you’ll pay quite a bit extra for baggage. Not to mention that Norwegian fares don’t earn miles that you can redeem for premium travel on other airlines, so keep these things in mind before booking.
Here are a few flights we found, which you can book directly through Norwegian.
New York (JFK)-Oslo (OSL) for $305 on Norwegian:
New York (JFK)-Copenhagen (CPH) for $358 on Norwegian:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For more information, check out our Destination of the Week: Copenhagen.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below.
Hat Tip: MileValue
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards