This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s no greater rivalry in the commercial aircraft industry than the one between Airbus and Boeing, and with both manufacturers racing to lock in sales for the A350 and 787 Dreamliner, competition is intense. Both planes made an appearance at the last Paris Air Show in 2013, but they’re at it again at Le Bourget, demonstrating advanced maneuvers in front of tens of thousands of customers and fans.
Yesterday, both planes performed during the show’s opening-day flying display — scroll down to see how they did.
Airbus A350XWB at the 2015 Paris Air Show:
Boeing 787-9 (Vietnam Airlines) at the 2015 Paris Air Show:
For more on the Airbus A350 and Boeing 787:
- Flying on the Airbus A350: Which Airlines and Miles to Use
- Philadelphia Will Be the First US City to Get the Airbus A350
- Review: LOT Business Class Warsaw-JFK on 787 Dreamliner
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner Service at North American Airports
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards