This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Five years ago today, on June 7, 2010, I started this blog (check out my first post here) in order to share my love for travel, credit cards, points and miles — and by sharing what I know about loyalty, you’ve shown your amazing loyalty to me. I started with one reader back in 2010, but this past week, TPG passed the high-traffic milestone of 1.5 million monthly unique readers, and our whole team can hardly say thank you enough.
A Quick Look At The Numbers
Luckily for me, I installed Google Analytics from the first day, so I’ve had pretty solid tracking numbers of the site of these past five years. In fact, per Google, 24 million unique visitors have come to the site since day 1, which is more than the population of Australia at just 23,841,475! In these five years, we’e had at least 57 million sessions at an average of 2 minutes and 26 seconds apiece, which translates into a cumulative 2,311,666 hours (approximately 264 years!) spent reading up on maximizing miles and points. I can’t even begin to guess how many points/miles have been generated from our blog posts, but I know it’s in the billions — at least.
These have been our top five posts since the day we started:
- Top 5 Credit Cards for Travel Rewards
- US Credit Cards with Smart Chips
- Avoiding ATM Withdrawal Fees When Traveling Abroad
- Top 12 Things You Didn’t Know About Global Entry
- 250 Point Enrollment Bonus for Southwest Rapid Rewards Sign Up
In celebration of TPG’s five successful years, we recently donated $50,000 to become a Silver Sponsor of the Inspiration Gala NYC for amfAR — a charity that I’ve been able to travel around the world with, from São Paulo to Mumbai. The leading HIV/AIDS research foundation, amfAR is committed to finding a cure by 2020, which will bring this global epidemic to an end. To celebrate both our anniversary and this worthy cause, I’ll be hand-picking 10 of our most loyal readers to join us at this event’s star-studded afterparty on June 16th, 2015, to toast to both a good cause and our success.
I want to extend my heartfelt thanks to you all for being part of this exciting five-year journey with me, and ask you to please stay tuned for a month of fun — including a big giveaway this coming Thursday.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.