Up to 115,000 Bonus Avios for Summer Transatlantic Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways has launched one of its periodic transatlantic flight mileage bonuses, offering up to 115,000 bonus Avios for flights this summer not only on BA itself and OpenSkies, but also on American, US Airways, Iberia and Finnair.
To qualify for the promotion, you must first register here and then fly before August 7, 2015. Here’s how the bonus works:
Fly first or business class and earn the following bonuses:
- 1 round-trip – 20,000 Avios
- 2 round-trips – 40,000 Avios
- 3 round-trips – 55,000 Avios
- Total bonus – 115,000 Avios
Fly premium economy or full-fare economy and earn these smaller (but still substantial) bonuses:
- 1 round-trip – 5,000 Avios
- 2 round-trips – 10,000 Avios
- 3 round-trips – 15,000 Avios
- Total bonus – 30,000 Avios
As usual, there are a lot of conditions. First, your ticket(s) must be booked in the following fare classes:
- British Airways – First class, Club World Business class, World Traveller Plus Premium Economy or flexible/non-restricted World Traveller Economy class (F, A, J, C, D, R, I, W, E, T, Y, B or H).
- American Airlines – First class, Business class or flexible/non-restricted Economy class (F, A, P, J, R, D, I, Y, B or H).
- Finnair – Business class or flexible/non-restricted Economy class (J, C, D, I, Y, B or H).
- Iberia – Business class or flexible/non-restricted Economy class (J, C, D, R, I, Y, B or H).
- OpenSkies – Biz Bed/Business, Prem Plus/Premium Economy and flexible/non-restricted Eco/Economy (J, C, D, R, I, W, E, T, Y, B or H).
- US Airways – Business class or flexible/non-restricted Economy class (J, R, D, I, Y, B or H).
This promotion does not apply to flights marketed or operated by franchises, including Comair, Iberia Express and Sun-Air, or any other code share partners or Oneworld Alliance Members.
To be eligible for this promotion, British Airways Executive Club Members must be at least 18 years of age and locally enrolled and residing in the United States, Canada or Mexico.
Now for the condition many of you are probably wondering about — unfortunately, existing bookings made prior to the promotional period do not qualify, and this offer cannot be applied retroactively.
So those of you who got in on the $1,200 business class fares to Paris last week are out of luck (that is, other than the fact that you got a $1,200 business class fare to Paris). Also, be sure to register now, because the offer cannot be applied retroactively.
That said, plenty of great business class deals to Europe seem to keep popping up, including some on Oneworld that appeared yesterday for as low as $1,700 round-trip from various US cities to Paris. You should still have some good opportunities to earn the bonus before the end of this promo period.
Usually when one of the Oneworld airlines posts a transatlantic bonus like this, the other Oneworld partners follow suit, so hopefully we’ll see a matching promo from American. I especially hope that’s true given the recent devaluation of British Airways.