Turkish Airlines Announces Nonstop Istanbul-Miami Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After a 14-year hiatus, Turkish Airlines is set to once again offer nonstop flights from Istanbul Ataturk airport to Miami. Flights are scheduled to begin on October 25, 2015, and will operate daily on a Boeing 777-300ER aircraft. The flight will operate on the following schedule:
- TK77 Istanbul to Miami — departing 1:30 pm, arriving 7:30 pm
- TK78 Miami to Istanbul — departing 9:30 pm, arriving 4:30 pm (+1 day)
Turkish Airlines has expanded its US presence over the past two years by adding flights to Boston, Houston, San Francisco and now Miami. Over that time, Turkish has carved out a nice little niche serving direct markets as well as US passengers connecting to other exotic destinations. Miami is a logical next step for Turkish, as Qatar is currently the only direct competition to the region, and the city of Miami is a huge tourist destination for travelers from around the world.
With the new Miami announcement, Turkish is also offering some great introductory fares to points in Europe and beyond. Discounted fares are widely available, and stretch all the way into spring of next year. Here are a few examples:
- Miami — Basel: $652
- Miami — Amsterdam: $682
- Miami — Paris: $705
Turkish Airlines has a megahub at Istanbul Ataturk Airport, which is pretty out of the way for most destinations in western Europe. That means you’ll be doing some backtracking, but it may be worthwhile. Also, with such a late arrival into Istanbul from Miami, many itineraries will require a lengthy layover. If you find yourself with some time to spare, check out Lane Nieset’s Layover Lowdown: Istanbul Ataturk Airport for ideas on what to do and see in the area.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee