Enjoying Wonders in Your Own Backyard
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To start this long Memorial Day Weekend off I’m going to not share a travel deal (just yet), but instead share some images that symbolize the transition from spring to summer, at least around here. My dad, Grandpa Points, is a photographer by trade, and a nature lover by blood, so he and my mom spent some time a few weeks ago driving around Texas enjoying some of the natural beauty that flocked the fields. I love traveling to experience seasons we don’t really get much of here in Texas, but springtime flowers are something we get right close to home!
I highly recommend never focusing on travel to far away places at the expense of missing some great things in your own backyard.
Here are his words and pictures…
Rewarding trips can be of great length with expansive breadth or they can come in the form of a simple day trip close to home. We recently took one such short excursion to take advantage of the springtime in Texas and to see our state’s beautiful floral offerings. Bluebonnets are our official state flower, but they are frequently accompanied by a great supporting cast.
Pictures are worth a thousand words, so here are about 12,000 easy readers that you can zip through as if on the wings of a gentle spring breeze. The keyboard will now go silent.
Thanks to my folks for the reminder that sometimes the biggest rewards are just a short walk, train ride, or car trip away – no miles required. I hope you all have a beautiful start to your long weekends and if you are ever in Texas from late March to early May you have a shot at seeing some of these beauties for yourself!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.