Enjoying Wonders in Your Own Backyard
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To start this long Memorial Day Weekend off I’m going to not share a travel deal (just yet), but instead share some images that symbolize the transition from spring to summer, at least around here. My dad, Grandpa Points, is a photographer by trade, and a nature lover by blood, so he and my mom spent some time a few weeks ago driving around Texas enjoying some of the natural beauty that flocked the fields. I love traveling to experience seasons we don’t really get much of here in Texas, but springtime flowers are something we get right close to home!
I highly recommend never focusing on travel to far away places at the expense of missing some great things in your own backyard.
Here are his words and pictures…
Rewarding trips can be of great length with expansive breadth or they can come in the form of a simple day trip close to home. We recently took one such short excursion to take advantage of the springtime in Texas and to see our state’s beautiful floral offerings. Bluebonnets are our official state flower, but they are frequently accompanied by a great supporting cast.
Pictures are worth a thousand words, so here are about 12,000 easy readers that you can zip through as if on the wings of a gentle spring breeze. The keyboard will now go silent.
Thanks to my folks for the reminder that sometimes the biggest rewards are just a short walk, train ride, or car trip away – no miles required. I hope you all have a beautiful start to your long weekends and if you are ever in Texas from late March to early May you have a shot at seeing some of these beauties for yourself!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees